Chapter 19

It was almost time for the dinner I was having with Usman tonight. I was almost done with my dressing, just had a few other things to get done. He had also reminded me when he dropped Layla earlier making sure I had not changed my mind.

   "He is going to be here soon, your dress is amazing" mother said as she walked into my room.

   "Mother, this is the third time you're coming here. You're making me even more anxious and nervous" I said "please help my with my zip" I requested turning my back to face her.

      "I just wanted to be sure you were not going to change your mind about going" mother said as she finished with my zip and I turned in her direction.

    "I am not, Alright. I am going" I said

"You like him" mother said and suddenly my heart skipped a bit like it was a bad thing and I smiled a bit.

   "Mother!!, how would you know" I said smiling at her.

   "I know a lot of things and i know you like him. You might not admit it to yourself just yet but i know you do" mother said and I wondered how she comes up with things like this but as she was about to say something else, we heard a knock on the door .

   "That should be Usman" mother said as she went towards the door and I followed behind.
Mother opened the door and then I saw a charming and cute Usman at the door.

   "Hello, good evening" he said as he walked in.

"Good evening son, you two should have a nice time. I will leave you two now" mother said before walking away.

   "Hey" I said a bit shy

"You look beautiful" he said smiling

     "You look charming too yourself" I said looking straight into those amazing eyes of his.

    "Thank you my lady"

"Are you ready to go" he asked

   "Yes, I am" I replied then  we walked out of the door. "Bye, mum" I said out loud before leaving.

   We got to the restaurant a few minutes later, it was one of the biggest in town too.

   "How did you get a reservation here, I heard some people even book days or weeks before coming" I said surprised as we entered the restaurant.

   "I wanted to take you to the best of the best so I found a way. Anything for you" he said smiling as he held my hands in his leading me to a table in the restaurant. He pulled out my chair for me to sit and then sat across from me. A waiter approached us not long after we sat down to take our orders.

    After the waiter had gone to get what we ordered we stayed silent for sometime and I could feel his gaze on me but I was trying everything not to stare at those mesmerising eyes of his because I knew I was going to be lost in it.

  "Are you comfortable" he asked and then I locked eyes with him.

   "Yes, I am" I answered. "It's a very nice place too" I added

   It felt like it was just the two of us alone in that place, like every other thing was invisible as I looked into his eyes. Something about him made me feel at peace around him. I wasn't tensed or anything. I had been so engrossed in my thoughts that I had not noticed when our meals were dropped on the table.

   "So, what do you like to do when you are not at work" he asked trying to not make everyone feel so awkward.

   "I love to read books alot, I learnt that from my parents and I watch movies sometimes too."

    "That's amazing, I love books too but is I actually watch more movies. Will you mind sharing some of your books with me sometime?" He said smiling.

   "Sure"I said smiling back

"What's one thing you have always wanted to do" he asked

   "Travel the world" I answered without even thinking about it.

    "I love an adventure too"

"Have you ever been outside the country" he asked.

   "No, never really had the time. Always one thing or the other to deal with but it's something I have always wanted to do" I said remembering how I would always spin the globe when I was younger naming places I wanted to go.

   "If you had the chance, like an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world. Where would it be?" He asked.

   "Paris" I said

"I have heard a lot about the city and how beautiful it is" I added.

  We talked about so many other things and as we spoke on I was loving every second of it. I was super comfortable with him and it felt so good to be out and happy again.

    He drove me back home couple of hours later and we didn't even stop talking till I got home.

     "I enjoyed tonight, been a long time I had this kind of fun" I said smiling sitted in his car which was now packed in front of my house.

    "I did too, we should do this more often" he said and I knew I had blushed a little.

   "You deserve all the happiness in this world, let your self have it" he said

   "I really did enjoy our stay together" I said

"I am glad you did"he said and then I came down from the car.

   "Bye" I said looking back into the car as I walked away into the house. I knew the smile on my face hadn't disappeared when I entered the house because mother had said "you look so happy, I want to see you this way everyday".