chapter 4

"Layla,what are you working on"Mother asked as she looked at the book Layla was writing on on the table.

"it's a project for school" she replied

"what is it about"she questioned

"we were told to write about our role model"she answered

"you want to know who mine is grandma"she added giving me a half smile and looking up at her.

"who" she asked curiously

"my mum"she said smiling. Mother held up her Hands in hers then looked into her eyes "will you tell me why"she asked.

"because mama is so strong, even though she cries all night sometimes. She works so hard to provide for us and I love her no matter how much she pushes me away"layla said and I didn't know how a smile crept on my lips. The house was a small one so you could hear everyone's conversation from any where in the house.

I walked into the living room few minutes later. I walked up to mum as I kissed her on the cheek.

"mum I need to go now"I said looking at her and all I could see was how worried she looked. The wrinkles had started to appear, I was beginning to notice how fast she was aging too. She had always been my guardian angel and without her I wondered what might have happened to me. Especially when it was just I before Layla came along.

"today is a Saturday dear, you should be at home with family. Why do you have to go to work again. Did your boss ask you to come to work" she questioned.

"mum, I have extra work to do at the office. There is this big project coming up. I just have to work overtime to be able to achieve what I want and get the work done on time.I will be back soon"

"bye mum"I said "bye mother"layla said as I walked out but I didn't reply as I just kept walking towards the door but as I was about leaving the door I felt my mum's hand on me.

"you can't be like this to the poor girl everytime. She is yours and you can't continue to push her away"mama said

"mum, not now"I whined

"you can't always just work yourself out because you don't want to think or see her around. You can't keep running away from everyone. You have to let it all go. Don't let it consume you"mama worriedly said.

"I need to go now mum, bye"I said going out. I knew that part of what she said was true. Maybe even all of what she said was true. I just always wanted to be alone and I didn't even know how to not be all what she said. I guess the past six years of my life had really shaped me into being a different person.

*****************
"hey Blaire, what's"I asked as I sat in my office looking up at her.

"the project, usman said he wants to see the presentation and the outline" she responded.

"okay, sure"

"come in"I said after I heard a knock on the door. it was one of the security.

"miss, this came for you"he said as he stretched out the bouquet of flower he was holding.

"again"I exclaimed collecting the flowers from him.

"hum hum"blaire coughed intentionally smiling sheepishly.

"it looks like some one has his eyes on you"she said smiling.

"I don't want it"I angrily said.

"you can't be like this zee, when someone admires you. You should appreciate it"

"is there a card in it"blaire asked curiously she searched round it. Then we finally saw a small note.

"I can't wait for the day that I don't have to wait anymore. The day I can finally call you mine. But for now please be fine".
.......anonymous.

"anonymous!!,what the!!!,why can't he just say his name. He keeps sending flowers and notes without his name"

"I guess he wants to admire you from afar a little bit more. it's romantic"blaire said with her puppy face.

"where are you taking the flowers"she asked as she say me walking towards the bin.

"where I kept the others too"

"the bin!! You can't be serious!!"blaire said surprised.

"then you can just have it"I said looking at her but she unexpectedly collected it from me. I really wasn't in need of any of that and if not anything the presence alone of the bouquet made me even angry instead of being happy.

"you can not throw such beautiful flowers away"she said before walking out with them.

I sat on my chair after she had left placing my palm on my face. I had learnt enough to not become stupid in love again. It wasn't going to happen and I was going to make sure of it. I had shut everyone out for the past six years and I was determined to keep it that way. I now craves my alone time more than anything and I found solace in it. There was really nothing that ever made me want to consider starting a relationship and even though mother would always talk about how I was being too stuck in the past and how my life wasn't moving on. I still wouldn't change because this was the person I was now. A totally different person from the hopeless romantic that ones was. One who believed so much in fairytales, happily ever afters, true love and soulmate bug now I had realized that fairytales only happened in movies and that even happily ever afters weren't real. I realized true love didn't exist and if it did, it really was rear. I also realized that there was absolutely nothing like soulmate and that all was just made up to keep us living in a fantasy of how sweet "falling in love" could be.

BROKENजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें