31.

//Flashback Continued//

Marlana's P.O.V

"Hey, I'm going to head upstairs and shower. Come up whenever you're ready." I whisper in Roman's ear and kiss his cheek. I turn to leave when he grabs my wrist, and stands up. "No you don't have to leave the guys right now. I just need a quick shower." I tell him, and reach up to peck him on the lips. 

"Okay, I'll be up after this game." He says with a warm smile. It was till surreal to have him here. I felt like it was like our first date or something. So nervous, and unsure of what to do. I nod at him and make my way upstairs, and do exactly as I said and step into the shower. 

I let the hot water soothe my muscles that were aching due to the mixed of emotions I had felt all day today. I was super exhausted, and also excited to share the same bed with Roman after months apart. 

By time I get out and change into my pajamas and finish brushing my hair, I hear the door open and close to the bedroom. "Baby girl?" Roman calls out, and I smile, looking down at the sink before walking out of the bathroom. 

He whips his head around and smiles at me. He had on a white button down shirt with his black pants, and he had his sleeves rolled up on his arms. "I have something for you." He tells me before walking over to his bag and grabbing a box. 

"Roman! I didn't know we were doing gifts. I wasn't sure what to do since I didn't think that I would be seeing you." I pout my lips, and he laughs, handing me the box. 

"Trust me, everything I need is right in front of me. Just open it, I have been working on it for months." He says, nudging my arm. I take the box from his hands and walk over to the bed and lay it on the bed. I rip away the wrapping paper and open the box. It was wrapped in wrapping paper so I remove it and my jaw drops. 

"Roman, no you didn't." I gasp and pull out a brand new set of gear. It was blue with my name on it, and filled with names of the people who have inspired me. 

"I've known you were getting called up since before I even left. I was in the process of getting it done, when I found out that you were going to smackdown so I had them do blue." He says, and smiles at me. 

"Roman, I don't even know what to say. This is so thoughtful." I say with tears in my eyes. He reaches over, and pulls me by my wrist to stand in front of him. 

"I'm glad you like it." He says simply, and I wrap my arms around his neck, and his arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me close. I sit there and think about the time and effort that has gone into this. I sit there in his warm embrace and think about the sleepless nights I had not knowing when I would get this again. Before I know it, I am crying onto his shoulder. "Did I do something wrong?" He asks, and I shake my head. 

I pull back, and he looks up at me with concern. "What's the matter?" He asks me, wiping my tears from my cheeks. 

"Nothing. I've just been thinking about having these moments with you the past couple of months and you're here. You got me one of the best things I could ever ask for, and you're holding me." I say, and smile through my tears. "I'm sorry I didn't think I would get this emotional." I say, laughing and looking down at my fingers. His arms lock behind me as I stood there, a crying mess in front of him. 

"I know baby. To be honest, besides my kids, you are the one thing that has kept me grounded this whole time. You give me the strength to fight, and we are almost to the finish line. If you can give me another couple months of missing me and helping me get cure, then I will make it up to you every single day." He whispers, and I can hear the strain and the power behind his words.