33

//Present Day//

Marlana's P.O.V

Roman and I had recently returned back to TV, and while he was already in a good storyline, I was having issues with them finding something for me. "Still nothing?" I ask Stephanie, and she shakes her head. 

"No sweetheart, I'm sorry." She says, and I sigh in frustration. "Listen, the rumble is coming up soon, and you can be in that." 

I nod, and walk out of her office, and walk into Roman and I's locker room and I find a water bottle and throw it. "Whoa, what's wrong?" Roman asks as he comes in, sweaty from a match. I turn around to face him and I think the realization set in. "Still nothing?" 

I shake my head, and rest my hands on my hips. "I knew this would happen as soon as Rachelle left. We were a unit, and now, I can't even get this done on my own." 

"I know it's been hard adjusting, but everyone has been here in this spot." He says, and I cross my arms over my chest and sit on the edge of the table. 

"Okay, but they have Lana out there. Lana!" I yell, and Roman laughs and walks closer to me. "What is so funny?" 

"Nothing, you're just cute when you're angry." He says, and I roll my eyes at him. "Baby girl, everything will be just fine." 

"Easy for you to say. You're Roman Reigns." I say, and he sighs and looks at me. "Sorry. I'm just upset." 

"I know. Why don't we get out of here, and go some place nice for dinner?" He asks, and I sigh again. "What?" He asks and reaches out to grab my hands. "Don't get discouraged. You are Marlana fucking Nicole. One half of the longest reigning women's tag team champions. The same woman who has gone toe to toe with Rhea Ripley, Shotzi Blackheart, and even Bianca Belair. You are not just an average women's wrestler. You are a legend in the making." 

You smile as he lists some of the greatest people in the ring that you have faced, and he smiles back at you. "Thank you, babe." You say and reach up to kiss him. "I love you." 

He goes to open his mouth when Stephanie and Hunter walk in. "Roman, Marlana." Stephanie says, and nods at us. 

"We have something that we think you two may be interested in." Hunter says. "Have a minute?" He asks, and we both look at each other before nodding at them. 

"Great, why don't you guys follow us to our office?" Stephanie asks and we follow them out of the locker room. 

//Flashback//

Roman's P.O.V

Renee and Jon were throwing a party tonight to ring in the new year, and they invited people from both WWE and AEW. I watch as Adam Cole was leaning in closely, and laughing at whatever Marlana was saying. 

I knew it was harmless, but I still had to make it known that she was mine. I walk over to her, and she smiles up at me. "Hi Roman!" She says, and smiles at me. 

"Hi baby girl. What's so funny over here?" I ask her, and wrap my arm around her waist and pull her close. Adam sees and clenches his jaw. 

"Oh, Adam was just telling me a story about his awful experience in Ring Of Honor one time." She says and smiles at Adam. 

"Can I steal you for a minute?" I ask her, and glare at Adam, pulling her by her wrist down the hall and into our bedroom. I shut the door, and turn to her. "So what, you want to fuck Adam Cole now?" 

"What? No, of course not." She says, and looks at me. "He's just a friend." 

"I saw the way he was looking at you. He wanted to fuck you." I tell her, my blood boiling.