13.

//Flashback//

Rachelle's P.O.V

"Austin!" I yell his name, but he was currently trying to take down the man that had broke into my house. "A-Austin." I stutter, choking on the blood pouring out of my mouth. I don't think he heard me because he just continues to punish the guy with punches to the face. Another figure appears behind Austin and throws him off the other guy. I reached for the knife and stumble to my feet and walk over to one of the intruders and stabbing him in his neck and fall, but Austin catches me and falls to his knees. He pulls his phone out and dials 911, telling them where to send the ambulance. "Austin." I say and groan. 

"I know baby, I know." He says and presses a kiss to my forehead and applied pressure to the wound on my stomach. I grab his shirt and noticed that he was crying. "You're going to be okay. I promise." He whispers to me and that's when the EMT walked in and Austin helps them load me onto the stretcher. He tries to let go of my hand, but I squeeze it tight and he looks down at me. "I'm coming with you, I'm not leaving. I promise." He says and walks next to the stretcher and hops into the back and sits next to me. 

"C-call M-marlana." I choke out and he nods, and pulls his phone out, and that's all I remember until everything went black. 

//Flashback Continued//

Austin's P.O.V

Marlana runs in to the waiting room, she meets my eyes and walks up to me, giving me a hug. "How is she? "She asks me when she pulls away from the hug. 

"I don't know, she went into surgery immediately, and I've just been waiting here." I tell her and she nods. "Okay, well can I get you anything? You have to be hungry or even some coffee?" She asks me, but I shake my head. 

"I just need to know that she's okay." I say and sit down in one of the waiting room chairs, and Marlana sits next to me. "What happened?" She asks me, and hands me a water bottle. 

"It all happened so fast, all I know is that when she got to her apartment, she realized that the door was open. Which, you know more than anyone, that she always locks the door. I remember her texting me saying that she was afraid and then she called me, but all I heard were the man shouting at her and a slap. The phone disconnected after a few moments later, but I think I got there just in time." I say and put my head in my hands, and Marlana rubs my back. I sit back up and she pulls out her phone to text Roman, I'm assuming. 

"Marlana, you're Rachelle's best friend. I know she's told you about how back and forth we are, but I swear to god, if she can pull through, I'll never take her for granted again. I-" I pause and she places her hand on my arm. "Austin, I don't have a problem with you. She clearly brings out the best in you. I know you love her." She tells me and smiles. 

"Is it that obvious?" I ask and she nods and laughs lightly. "Fuck, I wonder if she knows." I say and sit back into the chair. "Where's Roman?" I ask her and she looks at her phone.

"I didn't know if you wanted him here or not." She says and shrugs her shoulders. "I texted him though, he said he's here for you." She says and smiles at me. 

"He can come up here, I don't mind." I tell her and she nods, texting him. "Are you two here for a Rachelle Morgan?" A nurse asks approaching us, I stand up quickly and nod. 

"Yes ma'am, how is she?" I ask frantically and Marlana stands right next to me. "She lost a lot of blood, but she's going to be fine. She will need to take it easy for a while." The nurse says and I let out a sigh of relief. "Can I see her?" I ask and the nurse nods and I turn to Marlana.

"Go ahead, I'll let Roman know and just call us if you need anything." She says and I give her a hug. "Thank you, Marlana." I tell her and she smiles and turns to leave. 

When I enter the room, my heart breaks as I see all of the tubs and machines around her. "Let us know if you need anything." The nurse says and leaves. I pull a chair up to Rachelle, and grab her hand. 

"Hi sweetie." I whisper and tears already start falling down my face. "The nurse said you're going to be alright. I already knew that because I know how strong you are. " I tell her and place a kiss to the open part of her hand. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there sooner." I say and she stirs a little. 

"When you wake up, I promise I'll never take you for granted again. I-I love you, Rachelle." I say and reach up to place a kiss on her forehead. 

Rachelle's P.O.V

He loved me? Austin Theory loved me? I just wanted to reach out and tell him that I loved him too. It got quiet for a few hours and that's when I finally was able to open my eyes and my body slowly. I groan as I slowly boost myself up. "Rachelle." A hand reaches put to stop me and it's Austin. "What in the world are you trying to do crazy girl?" He laughs and scoots up to the bed. He looked like he hadn't had much sleep at all. 

He lays his head down on my lap and I bring my hand down to his head. He opens his eyes to look at me. "I'm sorry Rach." He mumbles and closes his eyes again. This wasn't his fault. He has nothing to be sorry for. I run my fingers though his hair and he falls asleep quickly this time. He was my savior tonight, and I hope he will be my savior forever.  

When I woke up again, he was leaned back in the chair, with his feet propped up on the bed, scrolling through tv channels. "Hey there prince charming." I say and he quickly drops his feet and stands up.  He reaches down to press a kiss to my forehead. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks me while pulling his chair up, right next to my bed. I reach out to grab his hand, and he takes it lightly. "I'm okay." I tell him and he nods and gives me a weak smile. Then there was a knock on the door, and Austin opens it and Marlana walks in, Roman right behind her. Roman pulls Austin outside and Marlana walks over to my side of the bed. 

"I'm so glad you're okay. When Austin called me, I got here as soon as I could. I should have stayed home with you." She says and frowns. 

"No Marlana, it's okay. You couldn't have known what was going to happen. I'm just glad Austin was there." I say and she smiles at me. "So, last night, while he thought I was asleep, I heard him tell me that he loves me." I say with a smile and Marlana jumps up and down. 

"About fucking time!" She yells and I laugh and wince at the pain. "Well, Austin said that he wants you to go home with him until you are better." She says and I smile widely. "So, I'm going to be at the apartment and if you need anything, just text me okay?" She asks and picks her bag, Roman enters and comes over to say some nice things to me and say that he's happy I was alive. Him and Marlana leave, and Austin walks back over to me. 

"They are about to discharge you, I'm taking you with me to my apartment so I can help you until you are 100 percent again. Roman and Marlana are going to fix up the apartment to where you wouldn't even know what went down. oh and the police are investigating and I've let Vince know about everything and-"

"Austin." I cut him off and he looks down at me. "Thank you. For saving my life, for being there. I don't know if I'd be alive if you weren't." I say and he helps me sit up on the bed. 

"I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Rachelle." He pauses and brings his hands up to my face. "I don't want to ever lose you." He leans his head forward and kisses my forehead. "I love you, Rachelle. There is no one else for me." He says against my forehead. He pulls away and I felt the tears spill over my face. 

"I love you too, Austin." I say and he smiles and presses his lips to mine. He pulls away and presses his lips to my forehead once again. He steps back and sets my clothes on the bed. "Get dressed. We will grab some food on the way." He says and starts to walk out of the room. 

"Hey Austin?" I call out to me and he turns around and waits for me to answer, "There is no one else for me either." I tell him and he smiles and bites his lip before turning and walking out of the room and closing the door.