21

//Flashback Continued//

Marlana's P.O.V

It had been days since takeover and I couldn't bring myself to leave my apartment. 9-12 week recovery time is what the doctor told me, and Roman was nice enough to take me home that night, and he even stayed the night with me. 

9-12 weeks that I couldn't use my right arm unless it was through physical therapy which I can't even start until after my surgery. 

I was scared to say the least. Roman had texted me all day everyday since he left my apartment that following morning, and I know I needed to see him, but I couldn't trust my emotions right now. 

Everything was going great, we had a stellar match and I cried happy tears when I saw my best friend grab the women's championship and I knew tonight for NXT I needed to be there for her, backstage. 

I picked up my phone and called Roman to see what his plans were, and if he wanted to hang out a little bit before the show tonight, and he happily agreed and would be here within the hour. 

So, I took that time to get shower, get dressed and look halfway decent by time I got the knock on my door signaling that he had arrived. 

I walk over to the door, and open it. I had blue jeggings on, and a nice gray shirt with my right arm glued to my side. When I open the door, he stood there smiling at me, and immediately gave me a hug. "How are you feeling?" He asks as I let him inside the apartment. 

"I'm okay, 9-12 weeks is along time when you've been going nonstop for years." I tell him and he leans against my kitchen counter. 

"Okay, how about mentally?" He asks and crosses his arms over his chest. He had on a tight white shirt with his normal black joggers on and he looked at me, awaiting my answer. 

"Um, I mean I've been better." I say and he uncrosses his arms and I walk up to him, wrapping my left arm around his waist and laying my head on his chest. "I'm glad you're here." I tell him and step back from him and grab my wallet. 

"You know Rachelle understands if you can't make it tonight right?" He asks me and I nod and he continues to look at me like I'm fragile. 

"Roman, I need to see her before I have my surgery and it's her first appearance as champion. I have to go." I tell him and he just watches me as I talk before walking over to me. "Also, stop looking at me like I'm fragile." I tell him and he nods and walks over to the door and opens it, and I follow him out of the apartment. 

Rachelle's P.O.V

I walked to my locker room with the NXT Women's Championship around my waist. Austin walks up and presses a kiss to my forehead and wraps me in his arms for a hug. "You ready for tonight?" He asks me as I pull away for the hug and I nod. He brings his face down to mine and kisses me sweetly. "You're going to do great, champ." He says and smirks at me. 

At that moment I see Roman walk in the locker room, Marlana trailing behind him. She was taped up from her wrist to her shoulder but she had a smile on her face. "Marlana! I'm so glad you're here!" I tell her as I walk up and give her a light hug. 

"I wouldn't miss it, Rachelle." She says and I watch as Roman puts a protective arm on her lower back and she looks up at him and smiles before looking back at me. "That title looks so good on you!" She says and pats it with her good hand. 

"Thank you, how are you though? I've been worried." I tell her honestly and she smiles and looks down before looking back up to Roman and he nods at her and she clears her throat before speaking again. 

"I'm okay for the most part. I have surgery tomorrow, and Roman is going to take me." She says and Roman nudges her arm to tell me something else but she stays silent. "She's also been very down." Roman says and Marlana looks off to the side. "I'm fine, I'm just learning to adapt. That's all." She says and I could tell she still wasn't telling me the whole truth, but I let it slide.