28

*DISCLAIMER*

This Chapter has to do with self harm & suicide. Please skip this chapter if it will trigger you.

*END OF DISCLAIMER*

//Flashback//

Austin's P.O.V

"This is Rachelle, please leave a message." The voicemail rings through yet again. Why wasn't she answering her phone? 

She hadn't spoke to me in days, and I had no idea why. 

Things were going great, we were spending a lot of time together and I was really starting to get to know her, but now it's like she doesn't want me at all. 

I pick up the phone to call Marlana to see if maybe she is with her. "Austin?" Marlana answers. 

"Hey, did you and Rachelle have plans this weekend?" I ask her, and head to my car to go to Rachelle's apartment if the answer was no. 

"No, I'm with Roman. Why what's going on? Is she okay?" Marlana asks me. 

"I don't know. I haven't heard from her since Friday morning and I'm worried about her." I tell Marlana and I hear her curse under her breath. 

"Okay, I need you to go to her apartment. Her spare key is underneath her doormat. Please call me if she isn't there." Marlana tells me and I tell her okay before hanging up the phone. 

I drive over the speed limit because I don't know if something has happened to her or not. 

I pull up to the apartment, and her car was there which was hopefully a good sign. I knock on the door to see if she comes to it, but she doesn't. "Rachelle!" I yell and beat on the door again. 

I find the key underneath the door mat and unlock the door. I walk inside and she is no where to be found. Just her German Shepard laid on the couch.  "Rachelle!" I yell, this time with tears in my eyes. 

Where the fuck is she? 

That's when I open the bathroom door and my heart falls to my stomach. "No no Rachelle!" I yell and fall to my knees next to her. She was laying next to the toilet with an empty bottle of pills. 

"Rachelle please wake up." I say and remember that for overdose's you put them on their side so I do so and call Marlana. 

"Austin? Is she okay?" Marlana's panicked voice comes through the phone. 

"No. I need you to get here now. It looks like she swallowed a whole bottle of pills and I don't know what to do." I choke out in between sobs. 

"Okay we are on the way. Is she breathing?" Marlana asks and I bend down to listen for any breathing and there was some. 

"Yeah she's breathing, I have her on her side." She tells me. 

"Okay. I'm going to hang up and call 911." I tell her and she says okay before hanging up and the ambulance is here within minutes. 

They load her up and I sit in the back of the ambulance and bring the pill bottle with me to give the doctor. 

They take her back, but I have to remain in the waiting room and not long after they take her back, Marlana and Roman show up. 

I was a sobbing mess so Marlana takes me in her arms whenever she gets there. "She's breathing. She will be okay." She tells me and I didn't want her to let go because she was the closest thing I had to Rachelle at the moment. 

"Roman, will you go get some water and ice chips please?" She asks Roman while still holding onto me. 

"I should have been with her." I tell her and she lifts her head and looks at me.