6

//Present Day//
Marlana's P.O.V
Roman still hadn't let go of me after Austin and Rachelle had left. His heart was beating so fast and I was so scared of how he would react to the news. "Come on baby, let's get you in the warm car." He says and tries to take my hand, but I pull it away and he looks back at me confused. "Babe?" He questions and I sit down.
"I uh, need to talk to you." I choke out and he looks worried but sits down across from me. "I um, I can't handle this anymore. I can't be with you. I'm sorry." I say and he sits up and looks up at the ceiling.
"What do you mean you can't handle it anymore? Have I made you uncomfortable or something? Just tell me and I'll fix it." He says, his eyes peering into mine.
"It's nothing you did. I just can't do it anymore. The constant hate online, the death threat form Galina, now it's in a storyline and I just can't take it anymore."
"Wait a second, what was the second thing you said? Galina is sending you death threats?" He asks and I nod and his whole face changes. "How long?" He asks and I shake my head.
"A while now. I really think it would be best if I just gave you space. I don't think I could live with the fact that you had to choose."
"But baby, we have been working towards this for literally years. I don't want to know what life is without you. You came into my life when I was basically dead and saved me. Let me be that for you, please." He begs and stands up, walking over to me. "Always and forever remember?" He says and places a ring in my hand.
"Roman." I say and place the ring back in his hand. "I can't. I'm sorry." I say and he stands up and turns away.
"What else do I have to do? Huh?" He asks me, his voice breaking as he looks at the ring in his hand. "I love you. I've loved you for years. Just let me love you, please." He says and I can't move.
"I'm sorry." I tell him and he nods and backs up, grabbing his stuff. "I'll come get my stuff from the hotel in a few days." I tell him and he just sits there, staring at the wall as I make my way out of the room and to my car to cry until I have no tears left.
//Present Day//
Roman's P.O.V
As soon as she leaves, I throw a glass bottle and the wall and watch it shatter. We worked at this for years, just for her to fucking leave. I call Galina and she answers as if she's happy to be speaking to me. "Aw, what happened, did little miss Marlana have enough?" She says with a giggle and I just see red.
"Fuck you. I hate your guts." I tell her and she laughs.
"Just come home. You know you want to." She says and I hang up the phone and just then I was getting a call from Austin. I declined it because I don't have enough strength to pretend everything is okay.
I make my way to the hotel room where I had planned everything out to give Marlana the promise ring. I rip everything apart and grabbed a bottle of vodka and started to chug it.
I loved her and she loved me. Why couldn't that be enough?
//Present Day//
Austin's P.O.V
"He didn't answer." I tell Rachelle as she sat back towards the headboard and sighed. "Do you think Marlana will show up here?" I ask Rachelle and she shrugs her shoulders.
"She would probably text me first just to be sure." She says and looks down at he hands folded in her lap. "I really don't want her being alone, but I also don't want to pry." She says and I nod. I try calling Roman one more time but still no answer.
"She just texted me and said: It didn't go well but just know I'm okay and I love y'all.' Rachelle says and I nod, bringing my girl into my side and slowly fall asleep.
//Flashback//
Roman's P.O.V
I woke up the next morning with Marlana in my bed. I had my arms wrapped around her and she was in one of my shirts and a pair of my boxers.
I don't remember anything from last night. It's a blur, but I hope I didn't do anything to make her think I would take advantage of her.
She stirs in her sleep, and I got the feeling that I didn't want to let her go. She turns around and buries her face in my chest. I was so tired from the alcohol last night, that her warm body made me drift back off to sleep.
When I woke up again, she was gone. I walked into the kitchen and she was there, cooking breakfast. "Morning! I made bacon and eggs." She said with a smile and I throw on a t-shirt and walk to the table and sit down.
"You didn't have to do that." I tell her and she shrugs. Then a memory flashes through of me kissing her before falling asleep. I reach up to touch my lips and smiled.
She walks over and places a plate down with a cup of orange juice in front of me. "You enjoy, I am going to go take a shower really quick." She says and walks off to the bathroom.
I wanted to do it again. I wanted to kiss her again, but I don't want to ruin what we have. I had finished eating by time she had came back and she had started to grab her things. "Oh, are you leaving?" I ask her and she nods.
"Yeah, I don't want to overstay my welcome." She says with a nervous laugh and handed me my clothes she had worn.
"You don't have to leave. I like having you around." I tell her and she looks down at the ground. I grab her wrist and bring her to the couch.
We had sat there watching TV in silence for a while. "You kissed me last night." She blurts out but doesn't meet eye contact with me.
"I know." I tell her, and she doesn't say anything. "I was drunk, I'm sorry." I tell her and her eyes gloss over and she clears her throat.
"Yeah, I knew it didn't mean anything." She says with a smile, nervous laugh.
"I didn't say that." I say and she looks up at me. I scoot closer to her and reach up to kiss her again. She hesitates before kissing me back and grabs the front of my shirt.
I know I needed to stop, but I couldn't. She made me feel happy again, but I was still married. I pull away and she looks at me, wondering what I was going to do next. She scoots up to where she back hit the end of the couch. I just leaned in, again, and kissed her.
She was hungrier this time, clasping her hands onto the back of my neck. I pulled her down to where I was hovering over her.
A loud bang on the door tears us apart. "Roman, open up now." My wife says, beating on the door and I hop up. I pull Marlana up. "Go sit in my bedroom until I come get you." I tell her and she nods.
I open the door and Galina walks in. "What are you doing here?" I ask her and she looks around.
"Where is your skank at?" She questions and looks around.
"No one is here, now what do you want?" I ask her and she throws papers at me. "What is this?" I ask her and pick it up to see it's the divorce papers that she still hadn't signed. "You haven't signed them?" I ask her and she shakes her head.
"No, because I still love you." She says and I laugh.
"Did you love me when you were fucking another guy for months?!" I yell at her and she flinches.
"You weren't home." She says and I laugh again. "So, that gave you the right to cheat? You have always put me down, especially in front of the kids. I haven't put myself first in a very long time. I deserve to be happy." I tell her and she just stands there.
"Just give me one day to let me explain myself and if you still don't want to work this out, then I will sign these papers and leave you alone." She says and I sigh and look towards my bedroom where the door was shut. Where I am sure Marlana has heard every word.
"Fine." I say and she nods and walks out of the room.
Marlana's P.O.V
Roman walks into the room but I stayed facing the wall. "Marlana?" He calls out to me. I was fucked. He is getting back with his wife and I just spent months of my time with someone who wouldn't love me back. "Listen, It doesn't matter what she tells me. I'm not getting back with her. I swear." He tells me and I wipe my eyes before turning to grab my stuff.
"This was a mistake." I say and start to walk off. He grabs my wrist and pins me to the wall. "You need to be with your family." I tell him and try to get out of his grasp but fuck he was strong.
"I like you, Marlana. Please don't give up on me." He begs and let's go of my wrists. I reach up to his face and caress his cheeks.
"I'm nobody. Go be with your family." I tell him and he backs away.
"I knew I shouldn't have kissed you." He says and looks at me. "Now you think I'm someone that I'm not." He says and shakes his head.
"I think that you just have a lot going on and that maybe I'm adding to it." I tell him honestly and he reaches out to grab my hand.
"If anything, you are a distraction." He says and I walk up to him and give him a hug.
"I'll still be here as a friend." I tell him as I make my way towards the door.
"Thank you for everything." He tells me as I nod at him and make my way out of the building.
//Present Day//
Rachelle's P.O.V
It had been days since either one of us had heard from Marlana or Roman. We had both become very worried for our best friends.
Rachelle had said that Stephanie told her that Marlana had requested time off and so it threw a wrench in her plans as far as working on tag team stuff.
Rachelle was on edge because her and Marlana, never went this long without talking to one another. She had sent her multiple times but got no reply.
I walked into the room where she was on her phone, scrolling through Marlana's Instagram and Twitter for any sign of where she might have gone.
"Any luck?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Why don't we take a break from all of this and go to lunch? We haven't exactly celebrated our engagement." I say with a light laugh.
"I want to, but I don't feel right celebrating when our friends are just gone." She tells me and I nod.
"Right. Sorry." I tell her and wrap her in my arms with a big hug. "Well, let's head to work then. I tell her and press a kiss to her forehead.
When we walked in, I spotted Roman over in catering, but he just sat at an empty table. Rachelle scanned the room for Marlana, but she wasn't here.
"Hey, Will you take our luggage to the locker room? I want to go talk to roman." I tell her and she nods and walks off and I make my way over to him.
"Hey man." I say as I approach the table and he removes his head phones. He puts his hood down but keeps his sunglasses on. "I heard what happened. Is there anything I can do?" I ask him and he leans forward, putting his arms on the table.
"You can bring my girl back." He says with a light laugh.
"I would if I could, but we don't know where she is." I tell him and he sits up straighter.
"She hasn't talked to y'all?' He asks and I shake my head. "Oh, I thought she was just avoiding me. I didn't know y'all were being shut out too." He says and finally removes his sunglasses.
His eyes were bloodshot red and he had bags under his eyes. "Yeah, she hasn't even spoken to Rachelle." I say and he widens his eyes.
"You don't think she's in trouble do you?" He asks me and I honestly didn't know.
"I have no idea man. Rachelle has gone crazy trying to figure out where she would be." I tell him and he stands up and presses his phone to his ear.
"She has disconnected her number." He says and he falls back down into his chair. "I just need to know if she's okay so if you guys hear anything, please let me know." He says and I nod and watch him walk out of the room.