29

//Flashback//

Marlana's P.O.V

"And as long as I am here, I run WWE." I watch as Roman cuts a promo. I was here backstage for smackdown because I had been invited to meet with the fox executives and the important people back here to see who would be lucky enough to be called up. 

I did want a run with the NXT women's title, but that was currently held by my best friend, Rachelle Morgan. 

I hadn't been cleared yet, and I heard through the grapevine that when I did get cleared, they wanted me to make a surprise debut on the main roster. 

"Marlana Nicole. You sure do know how to make your impression." I turn to see none other than one of the greatest Smackdown women's champions, Bayley. 

I smile and stick my hand out to shake hers, the title wrapped around her neck. "Thank you. My best friend and I look up to you and Sasha." I say and she nods and smiles. 

"Who's your best friend?" Bayley asks me. 

"Rachelle Morgan." I say and her eyes light up. " Yeah, THAT Rachelle Morgan. You're reigning NXT Women's champion." I say, hyping my best friend up in front of one of her idols, if not THE idol for her. 

"Yeah, I know the name. I've seen her work. Great girl, and she really knows how to work. Her promos are great." She says and I smile. "I'll tell you what, why don't you two swing by the PC later this week, and I'll grab Sasha and we can have some private training?" Bayley says and my eyes grow wide. 

"Yes! We would love that!" I tell Bayley and she nods and shakes my hand again. 

"See you then." Bayley says and walks off. Holy shit. Rachelle and I would be in a ring with Sasha and Bayley? Wow.

I see that Roman had made his way back and so I followed him to the locker room. When I enter the room, he seemed upset. "Roman?" I call out to him and he quickly turns his head to me. "Is everything okay? You looked great out there." I say and he just nods his head. "I'll just be in Rachelle's locker room if you need me." I tell him and start to make my way out. 

"Wait. Come here." He strains and I turn on my heel and walk up to him. He just sits there and stares at me for a minute before bringing his hands to mine. "I'm just-" He stops and sighs. He shakes his head, and I could tell something was really bothering him. 

I reach my right hand up to his cheek, and rub it with my thumb. "It's okay. I'm here." I tell him, and he nods, leaning into my hand. 

"I saw you talking to Bayley. What was that all about?" He asks me, trying to change the subject. 

"That's actually why I was going to Rachelle's locker room. Her and Sasha want to get with us to train." I say and he gives me a smile and then it drops again. 

"I'm proud of you." He says, and turns to walk to the showers. I knew he meant it, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was hurt by something.  "Go tell Rachelle. She will be ecstatic." He says and turns the shower on. 

"Roman." I say and my voice is shaky now. "D-did I do something to upset you?" I ask as I watch him take off his shirt and throw it on the bench. 

"No baby, you didn't. I just need a minute alone, please." He says and I walk up and wrap my arms around him. I give him a small kiss on his back before walking out of the room. 

I make my way to Rachelle's room, and she was currently talking to Austin. "Hey Marlana!" She greets me as I walk in. 

"Hey. So, I had a conversation with Bayley, and guess what?" I ask her and had her focused attention. "Her and Sasha have been watching us, and they have invited us to train next week!" I say excitedly and I watch as her jaw drops.