17

//Flashback//

Marlana's P.O.V

I knew I shouldn't have stayed the night here last night after Roman and I's first kiss, but I couldn't bring myself to leave. My heart exploded whenever he kissed me, I've never felt anything like it in my entire life. 

I was scared. Scared for me, for him, for everything. My career was finally taking off in NXT with Rachelle, and I didn't want anything ruining that. I had only been here a year, and did the one thing I promised myself not to do: fall in love. 

I laid there looking at him as he slept, some of his hair was lingering on his forehead so I pushed it back with my hand. His eyes fluttered open and he looked at me before a small smile plastered on his face. 

He didn't say anything, and so I just started to scratch his head all over and his eyes closed again, enjoying the moment. "You should do my back." He mumbles and I giggle at him.

"Well, then turn around." I tell him and he does and so I start scratching his back and eventually started to give him a massage. I reach my hands up to his shoulders and this man was really tense. "You're incredibly tense." I tell him and he just hums in response. 

"That's what happens when you have the stress of the company on your back." He says and turns back around to face me. 

"Well, I think you do a tremendous job." I tell him and he smiles at me. He remains quiet for a moment and I massage the back of his neck. "You have no idea how long it's been since I've been treated like this." He says and my heart breaks for him. 

"I don't understand how someone couldn't treat you like this. You are one of the best people I know." I tell him and he just sighs and looks up at me. 

"I don't know either." He whispers and I bring my lips down to his forehead and he sighs in content, placing his hand on my wrist. 

"I'm sorry you have to go through so much. I'm here for you though. Always." I whisper and he looks up at me before laying his head in my lap and I start scratching his back again. 

"Thank you Marlana. You have no idea how much that means to me." He says and I start playing with his hair again and he falls back to sleep in a a matter of seconds. 

I just wanted to give him everything he wants and needs, but he needed to be divorced first, and I would honestly wait around for him. No one understood me like he did. I didn't want anyone else, and it was time for me to finally admit that.

I pick up my phone and text Rachelle. 

RM:  "Dude, Roman and I kissed last night and I stayed at his house."

RM: " Omg bitch!!! Finally! What else happened?"

Me: "He told me he wanted me, and that he had been wanting to kiss me since he first saw me, but he is still married technically..."

RM: "Bitch if you don't get off your high horse and be with that man, I will literally kick your ass." 

Me: "I don't know what I want to do yet, he is currently asleep in my lap while I am playing with his hair and I don't want to leave, but I'm scared of what people will think with us just starting in NXT."

RM: "No one said you had to announce it to the world right now. I think you should consider it, because he makes you smile and laugh. I know he has wanted you for a long time. Just be careful." 

Me: "I will, thank you Rachelle."

RM: "Of course, B!"

Roman had looked up at me and smiled before rubbing his eye. "Sorry, I don't get good sleep like that often." He says and I frown before running my hands through his hair.