13. Is this the end?

Chandni entered the gates of Raizada mansion and saw Advay sitting on the steps of the door. It was ten in the morning. As it was Sunday, everyone is going to have a late breakfast today. Sun was shining brightly. Advay was definitely thinking something that he doesn't notice Chandini coming.

“Ahm ahm…” He looked up.

“Mr. Raizada, why are sitting here like this? Don't you have anything to do?” He shook his head and stood up.

“Nothing… I am waiting for Alok.” He spoke, putting his hands in his pockets.

“So? Wait inside!”

“He is going to bring police with him.” He eyes widened.

“What? Why?” She asked anxiously.

“Shyam is here.”

“When did he return?” She asked completely unaware.

“Yesterday.”

“Why didn't you tell me?!” She hissed. He rubbed his neck smiling sheepishly.

“Thought not to bother you. You have done enough.” She gritted her teeth.

“Leave it! How's Di? And… did he signed the papers? Did you make him?”

“Not me. Di tricked him into signing papers.”

“Really? She did?” Chandni asked elated.

“Hmm… maybe…”

“What? And you called police? Are you a fool? If he comes to know that we are aware of his doings, he will not divorce her.” She spoke irritated.

“He will have to sign them at any cost. Be it the easy way, that is Di's or hard way, which is mine.” She looked at him worriedly. Hope he won't do anything wrong. Why to become bad for punishing someone bad?

“Advay… Di is fine na…” She asked gently.

“Ya…” He said and glanced at the gate to see if Alok came.

“Advay… you are not fine. Are you?”

“Chandni… we will talk later.” He said and again sat down on the steps. She followed.

“What? Go in!”

“No! I will also wait for Alok.” He groaned but didn't argue ahead.

“Cheeku…” He heard Anjali's voice and looked behind to find her standing there.

“Di…? What happened?” He asked turning slightly.

“Here!” She forwarded him some papers.

“Did you get them signed?” Chandni asked, not able to believe.

“I am considering your advice well Chandini!” Anjali gave a wide smile.

“Di… are you fine? It's okay if you want to talk and cry it out… I will never judge you, you know. Just don't put up this mask. Wasn't Arnav enough?” Advay spoke, half worriedly and half irritated.

Advay always tried to make Arnav talk to him, but he never opened up. Now, his Di. Why aren't they speaking their hearts out? Why? He is so so much frustrated from this attitude of theirs.

“Cheeku… I am absolutely fine. And about putting up a happy mask, that's not what I am doing. I talked with Alok.”

“You talked with… Alok?” He asked confused. Alok? Like really? He is her brother!

“Yes, he is my friend! Why? Is there any problem?” She asked narrowing her eyes.

“Ah… no!” He said, not knowing what to say.