4. Realising The Mistake

Advay was descending the stairs and saw Shyam leaving.

"Shyam ji... Take care of yourself. Don't eat much oily food." She was worrying for him.

Advay's blood boiled.

"This man... this good for nothing man! He don't deserve this much concern, care and love. Not from Di. I swear, I won't let him stay in peace for a single second, once I unveil his true face."
He muttered under his breath.

Arnav stepped at the main door at the same time when Shyam was leaving. He gave him a murderous glare. Shyam smiled and left.

"Chote..." Advay called him and he glared. He don't like Advay calling him chote.

Advay gestured him. They need to talk. Immediately. Arnav nodded and went to his room to get freshen up.
_________________

Arnav stepped in to find his room all messy and disorganised. For a man like him, who is orderly and well-organized, the girl like Khushi is a nuisance.

Upon that, today he didn't want to see her face, let alone talking. The thing which he got to know is such that only he knows how he is controlling himself to not to kill Shyam.

"Khushi! What the hell is this?" He barked.
Khushi looked at him with cold eyes.

'It is now or never Khushi. Confront him!'

Watching her cold behaviour, he got a hint about what's coming. He closed the door. Don't want others to know what is actually in between them.

"What is this Khushi? Why are you hell bent on making me angry?" He asked, gritting his teeth and gripping her left elbow.

"AND WHY ARE YOU HELL BENT ON MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING HELL???" She shouted, shoving his hand away.
This is the first time he has seen her shouting.

"Why Mr. Raizada? Why? What wrong did I do to you that you are doing this? You asked me to be your wife for six months. Really? Contract marriage?" She said, almost inaudible at the end. Finally tears made their way.

He was just listening to her.
'What wrong you did? You deserve an Oscar Khushi!' He thought.

"What is the reason behind this? You hate me? Fine! But why this? I am the one who is suffering from all sides. Your family, my family and YOU!" She sniffed.

"In starting you didn't know me. It's okay! But after whatever happened and what happened during jiji's marriage rituals, you did this? Didn't those moments mattered to you?" She asked. All those moments are very precious for her.

"IT WAS ALL WRONG! MISTAKE ON MY PART!" He shouted.

'Such a jerk you are Arnav! You are never going to regret those times.' His heart chided.

'He already regret them.' His mind said.

Mistake?? He didn't say that, did he?
She wiped her tears. If it is a mistake for him then she too will bury all those feelings deep inside her heart somewhere, not to be found again.

"You said what you wanted to! Now answer this last question of mine. Why you forced me for contract marriage? You used my sister as a pawn. Knowing how much I am connected to my roots you forced me. Against my morals and beliefs. It broke my family's trust and that tore me apart. Buaji said that I am not their blood and I proved it."
She stopped remembering her aunt's words.

'Really? Her buaji said that? All because of you Arnav! Poor Khushi!' His heart pained for her.

'Oh! Stop it! Did she do very good after having an affair with Shyam?' His mind reminded.