18. Getting used to her anger

Khushi was standing in strict sunlight trying to stop an auto or rickshaw. She missed her bus and have to get to college soon or else she will miss her first lecture.

A car stopped in front of her. After the window was pulled down, she saw Arnav in the driving seat. 

“Khushi… I will drop you to the college. Sit in…” She huffed and ignored him.

He groaned in frustration, closing his eyes.

‘Why this girl is so stubborn!!’ 

He came out of the car and opened the door for her.

“Ab toh chalo! Or else you will get late for college.” She looked at him, not sure.

‘If I didn't go with him now, I will miss my first lecture. Hey Devi Maiya! Ab toh laad governor ke saath hi jana padega….’ She groaned inwardly and sat inside.

He smiled, closing the door of her side and after that settled on the driving seat.

The drive was silent. Arnav who was so much habitual of her talks now found it so much uncomfortable. Whereas Khushi was not at all silent in her mind.

‘Subha Subha inka chehra dekhna pad gya hume!’ 

‘Secretly you too like it Khushi…’ Her heart said in a teasing way.

‘Not at all …!’ Her mind scowled.

‘Aww… don't deny it… you like it…’

‘You wish!’

‘Give him a chance na…. he is trying so hard… he love you….’ Her heart begged.

Her mind scoffed. 

‘He knows nothing about love!’

‘He knows now! Everything about it…’ Her heart screamed.

“No! Arnav ji don't know a thing!” She spoke out aloud which grabbed Arnav's attention.

“I don't know a thing?? About what Khushi?” He asked, smiling inwardly. He guessed that she might be thinking about him only.

She bit her lip looking out of the window.

“Khushi…? I do know that you are angry on me. I do know that trusting me is not easy for you. I also know that you love me.”

She kept looking out of the window, not giving him a glance of her face. 

Car came to a halt. She adjusted her clothes and bag to get out of the car. He tucked her hair behind her ear and she looked at him.

“Please… Khushi… A chance won't hurt….”

Not replying, she came out of the car and walked inside the college.

Arnav sighed and leaned back on his seat.
________________

Akash and Payal walked out of a five star hotel after attending a meeting.

She still can't understand why he took her to the meeting. His secretary is on leave so he took her to the meeting. But it is not all it seems. 

“You didn't eat anything in there Payal. Can I atleast buy you a coffee?” He asked softly.

“No need. Anyways, you are not my favorite person today.” She denied and looked away, her nose high in the air.

“That doesn't matter. I'm not your favourite person on any day.” She rolled her eyes.