9. Unveiling The Bitter Truth

“Atleast now tell us what you want to talk about?” Nani asked, a bit irritated this time.

“Yup! So, before starting I want to ask a question. Do you all agree that whatever we do, do for our family? To make them happy?” Everyone nodded.

“Hmm…. Di?”

“Yes cheeku…” He gave a satisfied nod.

“Payal?”

“Ji haan….”

“Arnav?” Arnav nodded.

“Khushi..?”

“Ji Bhai!”

“Great! So everyone do agree with this! Now, I am gonna talk about the matter about which everyone has different questions in their mind. About why Arnav and Khushi married suddenly, in temple without informing anyone. Like a runaway marriage.”

“Cheeku…. You were not here that day….” Nani asked confused.

“Haan, but I have my ways Nani. I should know what the hell is happening when I am out there working.…” Nani nodded, confused.

“So…. What actually happened that day? Arnav and Khushi came and just announced that they got married. Right?” Everyone nodded.

“Does anyone asked why they married like this? Like running away?”

“We all asked Cheeku...” Nani said. Anjali nodded.

“So, Arnav didn't answer?”

“He left. He closed himself in the room.” Anjali said glaring at Arnav. He bowed his head down.

“He left his wife. Sorry, newly wedded wife. To answer all the questions. Alone? Wow! And they say they had a love marriage.” Advay said smirking.

“What are you trying to say Advay bitwa?” Mami asked bewildered.

“Okay… one more clue. You kept asking Khushi and she kept crying. If she really married with her heart then she should have answered you all and left to the room. Why she kept crying and heard all your words?” All started thinking.

“Doesn't it all sound fishy. What they said was totally different from what they did!”

“What is the reality Cheeku? What has really happened?” Anjali asked. Advay sighed.

“There marriage is nothing but a contract marriage of six months!” He revealed and many gasps can be heard in the hall.

“What are you saying Advay ji? Why Khushi will agree to such a thing?” Asked Payal infuriated.

No! This can't happen. There she was praying for her sister's happy life and here everything is crashing down. She can't just sit and look at her sister's life crumbling.

“For you Payal!”

“You will say anything and we will believe? Wow!” Payal said, sarcastically.

“I have papers Payal. You can have a look. Chandni….” Chandni handed him that file and Payal snatched it immediately, glaring at him.

No one has seen Payal like this. That's a change in her. A transformation that is necessary for a girl like her.

She read the file and the colour on her face drained out.

“Why??” She was just able to ask.

“Payal…. Arnav threatened her that if she didn't sign these then he will stop your marriage. Remember when Akash waited for Arnav and didn't make you wear the garland.”