Introduction-II (OPTIONAL)

This is for people who don't know the story of the show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko kya Naam Doon’.

As it is a fanfiction, maybe someone may get confused. So, it is for them.

Maybe, you will not need it, but still if you want to!

If you are aware of the show's storyline, then no need to read this.

I have already given main characters in the introduction.

So let's get to know the story of the show.

The story narrates the romance between a business tycoon Arnav Singh Raizada, and a middle class girl from Lucknow, Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Khushi stumbles into Arnav in Lucknow after mistakenly crashing one of his promotional fashion events and delaying her duties for her sister Payal's wedding, leading to it getting cancelled. Rebuked by society, the sisters' parents send them to live with their paternal aunt in Delhi.

Working a small job selling designer sarees, Khushi lands up at Shanti Van, or Raizada house. Arnav's sister Anjali and his maternal grandmother (Naani) take a liking to her.

Back at her aunt's, Anjali's husband Shyam, who has been stalking Khushi from Lucknow, reaches her place to live as a paying guest, and poses as a bachelor, wanting to get engaged to her, when he is actually married. Khushi asks Shyam to help her get a job, and she reaches ASR office, which is handled by Arnav. They meet again, and she irritates Arnav with her clumsiness while his arrogant behaviour makes her time difficult. He wants to get her fired as soon as possible to keep away from her.

At Raizada house, Naani wants Khushi to groom Lavanya, Arnav's live-in girlfriend. Out from office, Khushi now visits Shanti Van daily, irritating Arnav further. Khushi's funny antics and her lively behaviour wins over the Raizada family, and even Arnav starts developing a soft corner for her. Realising this, Lavanya leaves just before their engagement. Meanwhile, Khushi's father discovers Shyam's secret and is about to reveal it, when Shyam tortures him into partial paralysis. He is unable to tell the family anything, and as a male authority to "secure" the family, Shyam proposes engagement to Khushi who accepts under family pressure. Due to frequently visiting the Raizada house, Khushi later finds out about Shyam and breaks off their alliance.

Arnav slowly realises he is in love with Khushi, who also discovers she loves Arnav, much to the irritation of Shyam, who observes Khushi around the house. Meanwhile, Arnav's cousin Aakash falls in love with Khushi's sister Payal, and despite facing a lot of opposition from his elitist mother Manorama, the family approves their alliance and they get engaged. On the day of their wedding, Arnav discovers Shyam pleading Khushi to marry him, and misinterprets the situation.

To save his now pregnant sister's marital life, he blackmails Khushi, keeping Payal's wedding at stake, into marrying him.

(Thanks to Wikipedia for this)

_________________

Main characters description is given in the story itself. Here, I am going to tell you all about side characters.

1. Nani (Devyani Singh Raizada)

She is Arnav, Advay and Anjali's Maternal grandmother.