8. Understanding Love

Advay came up on the terrace and saw Chandni spinning around stretching her arms out, enjoying the cold evening wind.

She looked at him and smiled widely.

“Wanna dance?” She asked, stretching her arm out to him. He took hold of her palm and twirled her toward him, making her fall on his chest. She kept her one hand on his shoulder while his was resting gently on her waist. Both swayed on the beats of cool evening wind.

“Dancing…. Without song? Only you can do that!” Said Advay.

“But you are also doing it here!” She replied with a cheeky grin. He shook his head smiling.

“Tell me what's wrong…” She asked as they continued to sway.

“What? Nothing is wrong!”

“Ask what you want to ask…..”

“How do you know I am here to ask something?” He asked, surprised.

“Well…. It's written all over your face! ‘I am confused… Help me!’ So yeah…. I know.” He smiled.

“What do you think Chandni? Will Khushi really leave Arnav?” She sighed.

“Advay…. How can I tell you that? But if she goes away then it will be for her own good.”

“How? Who has remained happy after keeping grudges? If Khushi keep this grudge then neither she will be happy nor Arnav! What good it will do?” He asked, frowning.

“Wait! Wait! Keeping grudge or forgiving is one thing. Leaving him or staying back is another. Don't mix them up!” He looked at her confused.

Ahh..! He can be worse than a kid sometimes.

“For instance, suppose that Khushi forgave him but still chose to leave him. Now?” She said, thinking he will understand now.

“If she has forgiven him then why will she leave him?”

“Maybe…. Because she now know that he is not the one for her and she has forgiven him too.”

“It don't make sense!” He said looking away.

“It doesn't because you don't want it to. Problem is not in the situation but in one's frame of mind. If Arnav want he can solve this all out. But he is one hell of an idiot!” She said frowning.

“Chandni what you would have done if you were in Khushi's place?” He asked as they stopped swaying and looked at each other.

“You wouldn't have done something like Arnav did!” She whispered.

Wait…. Did she just…

Advay's thought process was interrupted by Khushi's cough.

Both took a step back and looked at Khushi.

“Sorry Bhai, but can I take Chandni with me?”

“Ofcourse…...” He said shrugging, keeping his hands in his pockets and moved downstairs.

“What happened Khushi?”
____________________

Files were scattered around Arnav as he was engrossed in work. It's been a while and he haven't completed work.

“Need help? I am free for now.” Said Advay as he sat near him.

“No thanks! I will be good I think.” Advay shook his head and picked up a file.

Everyone were settled in the hall as they thought about what Advay was going to talk about. Anjali knew what it was going to be and she dreaded the moment. Her brothers won't say any such thing without proofs.