23. Waiting

Today was the day of Anjali's baby shower and on this day only, families decided to have Advay and Chandini's engagement. The Raizada mansion was decorated beautifully. Guests had already started coming. 

“Anjali…” Alok called her as he was standing beside her. She looked up at him with a smile.

“Are you fine?” He asked for hundredth time. She let out a long breath.

“Alok… Go and stand with Cheeku! Go!” 

“Arre… But why?” 

“Because I had enough of you asking me if I am fine or not! If I will feel uncomfortable, I will tell you.”

He nodded and then merged with guests. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Khushi was looking here and there in the corridor near the stairs. She most probably was searching for something.

“Hey Devi Maiya! Sab musibat hume hi kyun jhelni padti hai”

(Oh God! Only I have to face all the problems)

She muttered as she held her lehenga and searched. 

“Khushi…? What are you looking for?” Arnav asked. He was going downstairs, getting all ready for the ceremony when he saw her.

“Payal…” She muttered still searching. 

“But Payal is downstairs…” She looked at him and slapped her forehead.

“Anklet Arnav ji! Anklet! Jiji nhi!” 

“Oh! Wait I will help you…”

Both searched for few minutes and finally he found it. 

“Here it is..”

She smiled wide seeing her anklet in his hands. He walked to her and she forwarded her hand to take it from him. Instead of giving her, he crouched down.

“Arnav ji…” She called startled looking down but then felt him making her wear the anklet.

“Thank you…” She whispered after he got up.

He smiled at her and walked down.

They didn't have a proper talk after she said that she don't trust him.

‘He is being a gentleman. He is being patient. He is doing everything he should. And that too correctly. But he isn't my Arnav ji. Not yet.’

She thought and went downstairs. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Stop it Advay…” Chandni hushed Advay.

He was whispering continuously, standing beside her while she was greeting guests who were coming to meet her.

“What stop it!” He said normally and she  looked at him with her big eyes.

“What do you want?” She had enough of him.

“I am telling you before hand that I won't forward you my hand when it will be your turn to make me wear the ring.” 

“Kya bachpana hai yeh?” 

(What kind of childishness is this?)

“Arey kyun? Feeling much shy to take my hand yourself? Huh?” He mocked. 

“Ha! I am! Any problem with that!” He looked at her with amused smile.

“Or tum mujhe kya keh rahe ho?! Tumne toh mujhe abhi tak I love you bhi nhi bola!” She continued and stepped near him.