22. Normalising Life

Khushi stood in front of the main door of Raizada mansion, not being able to ring the doorbell. Going with the flow, she agreed with Arnav to come back. But now, her courage is crumbling.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Out of nowhere, she felt a hand clasp hers. She opened her eyes and looked at the interlocked fingers, then at the one who was holding her hand. Arnav. 

“Khushi…” He started softly.

“I am here… Right?” She nodded, letting out a breath. 

He held her hand tightly and rang the doorbell.

“Arnav bhaiya!” HP exclaimed happily, opening the door. 

Khushi gave him a warm smile and Arnav gave a stern nod.

Arnav ordered him to bring their luggage and dragged Khushi in as her feet got stick there only. She was nervous.

“KHUSHI!!” Payal squealed seeing her sister coming and rushed to her.

Arnav left Khushi's hand and took a step back seeing Payal rushing to her.

“Jiji!” Khushi too called her happily and both the sisters hugged each other. 

“How are you? Are you fine?” Payal asked breaking the hug, making Khushi laugh.

“Jiji…. We talked yesterday night!” Khushi reminded making Payal laugh at herself.

“Khushi…” Anjali whispered happily seeing both the sisters with each other.

“Di..!” Khushi called her happily and walked towards her.

“Khushi… Did Chote troubled you?” Anjali asked breaking the hug.

“Di!” Arnav whined and Khushi laughed.

“He won't dare to Di. He is scared from you and me and jiji.” The three of the ladies laughed as he groaned. 

By now everyone was down except Advay and they have a heartfelt reunion. Elder Raizada's were finally at peace that Khushi has forgiven them and is back with Arnav. 

“Di… Where is Chandni?” Khushi asked Anjali. 

“She will be arriving here soon with her family…” Anjali answered and winked. 

“With her family? Why?” Advay asked coming out of nowhere. Anjali bit her tongue.

“Wo… Cheeku…” Anjali started turning towards him. Everyone looked at the siblings with amusement.

“Amm… Wait! There is nothing to hide..” Her demeanour changed from getting caught to she did nothing wrong.

“I have decided to fix your marriage alliance with Chandni and everyone with me agrees.” She informed him confidently.

Where elder Raizada's nodded with a smile, younger people either gasped or squealed. Advay's ears turned bright red.

“Okay…” He spoke, and patting Khushi's head he left for office. 

“Di… Was he blushing?” Arnav asked Anjali as they both gazed at his retreating figure. 

“I too am not able to believe chote…”
________________________________

“Jiji…” Khushi called Payal as she entered kitchen. 

Payal was in kitchen, helping in making lunch.

“Ha Khushi…?” 

“Jiji… Amm… How is everyone at home…?” Khushi asked playing with plates and spoons.