10. Aftermath

Arnav entered his room and saw Khushi sitting on the bed, folding her legs, with laptop in her lap.

‘It is Chandni's laptop….’ He thought.

He is really out of words now. What should he say? What should he ask? He don't know.

Khushi was engrossed in her work but was equally aware about Arnav's presence in the room. She is waiting for him to start a conversation because she herself don't know what she should say. There was a time when she didn't need a topic to talk and now when she have, she don't know what to talk.

He sat in front of her. She looked up but again went back to read on the laptop. Arnav cleared his throat so that she say something but it went unheard.

She was reading with narrowed eyes and then started typing. She is not very familiar with typing. Hence, was typing slowly, searching for every alphabet on the keyboard. He found her too cute like this.

“Khushi….”

“Ek minute! Ohho.... ab yeh H aur S kahan hai?” She mumbled as she tried to familiarise herself with the keyboard.

“Khu-”

“Can't you just sit quietly? I am working!” She snapped at him. Then going back to the keyboard, she gave a wide smile as she finally found the H and S keys.

‘Aww…. Why is she so adorable?’ His heart said, dreamily.

‘Okay Arnav…. Calm down! It's just Khushi…. Your Khush.....’ He exhaled, calming himself down.

‘Yeah….  She is Khush. My Khush!’ His heart leaped, excited, happily as kid, who jump up and down getting his favourite toy.

‘And that is the problem. You have done enough, now what are you going to talk?’ His mind said, anxiously.

This made him nervous again. Poor Arnav! Not even the biggest business deals made him nervous. Actually, he never felt nervous. But now,  things are completely different.

“Khushi..… I want to…. tal… talk to you…” He said making her look up, at him.

‘Arnav singh Raizada, what is wrong with you? Stop wavering!’ He said to himself taking a deep breath.

“Wait Arnav ji! I know what you want to talk about. About us, right?” She said calmly, giving him her full attention. He nodded.

“There is no us Arnav ji..… and never was.” His heart broke by every word but he kept listening to her.

‘No us?’ He questioned himself, miserably.

‘Yes…. Unfortunately, it's true and it is because of you only….’ His heart answered, sadly.

“About future, I can not say anything.” She continued.
“Even if I forget everything that has happened, everything you have said or done, then also you will become a stranger to me. And I am in no state to let a stranger penetrate my mind and heart because I have had enough.” She said determined.

Ofcourse! She has learnt her lesson. Being giving is not going to return you. The world will snatch everything it could. Last time her respect was at stake. Her most prized possession.

But that doesn't mean to become totally selfish. Be good. Don't harm others and don't let them harm you. Help others but not by giving your everything. Don't be a sentimental fool. As simple as it is! She have loved everyone enough. It's the time she love herself.

For now, she wants a break from this. And to have a break, she is going to focus on the course she has chosen. That will be the best!

“Even if that stranger works hard to enter your heart again….?” He whispered, looking at her hands.