19. Chances & Confusions

Next day, around nine o'clock at night, it was raining outside heavily. Khushi was talking to her sister cheerfully.

“Haan jiji! The test went well…” Khushi came near window with her cup of tea. Cool breeze caressed her face and she smiled wide, taking a deep breath.

“By the way…” Khushi trailed off as she glanced out through window.

Arnav was sitting on the car bonnet, with no coat and sleeves of his white shirt rolled up. He was completely soaked in rain.

‘He, here, why?… That too in this rain?’

Payal's calls brought her out of her thoughts.

“Jiji…. I will call you later.… No, no everything is fine… I just remembered something… ya! Bye!” She hung up the call.

“This! Laad governor! Ahh!” Muttering angrily, she picked up two umbrellas and came out her house.

He looked up to find her marching towards him. He grinned. From last ten minutes he is thinking how to knock on her door and start a conversation with her. Now she is coming here to make it easy for him.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!! IN THIS HEAVY RAIN!” She roared as she approached him.

He jumped off the car and stood in front of her. She glared at him. She stood close to him so he will also come under the umbrella.

“Khushi… I want to talk to you..” She tried to interrupt but he didn't let her cut him in the middle.

“and I am not leaving without having a talk with you…!” She rolled her eyes at him, completely annoyed.

“Bol liya? Ho gya! Ab yahan se jaiye! Hume aapse koi baat nhi karni…” She looked away, infuriated. 

“Khushii… Mein kahin nhi jaa rha hoon…” She looked at him tiredly.

“Kya chahiye aapko? Kyun hamare peeche pade hain aap? Hum aapko pichle ek hafte se dekh rahe hain!” 

“Khushi… What I am asking from you is just a chance… Mein nhi keh raha mujhe maaf kar do… Par kya mujhe ek chance bhi nhi de sakti?” He spoke softly. 

Her heart started to melt, which reflected in her eyes. She looked away. She have never heard him talk to her in such a soft tone.

“Aap… Aap ko thand lag jayegi… Aap filhaal wapis jayiye…” 

“I am not leaving until you say yes!” She glared at him.

“Rassi jal gyi par bal nhi gya! Abhi bhi sab apni tarah karna chahte hain!! Nhi kehte hum haan!” 

He looked away disappointed. 

‘Ab aaye na line pe…’ She patted herself mentally.

He jumped a bit and sat back on the bonnet of his car, drenching himself in rain again.

She looked at him wide eyed.

“Yeh kya kar rahe hain aap!!” She scolded and stood very near the bonnet to bring him under umbrella.

“As per your wish, mein tumhe bilkul pareshan ya force nhi karoonga… Tum wapis ja sakti ho ghar..” 
She looked at incredulously.

“Khushi… I am trying to correct the things between us-”

“There was never an us!” She sharply cut him in middle.

“But there can and will be an us…” He spoke in a oh-so obvious manner.

She kept looking at him, frowning.

“Please Khushi… Just one, single chance. I will make sure you won't regret…” He spoke desperately with eyes full of desperation.