21. Bringing her back

It's been around two weeks that Akash didn't come office. He worked from home or from ASR's office. She tried to send him a text and also tried to call him but restricted herself. She want to have the talk face to face.

She came back to her cubicle from archives room after collecting some files and saw a bouquet of roses.

She looked here and there to see Rajeev smirking at her. She frowned.

“I don't think this lover boy is gonna give up on you.” Heat rose to her cheeks hearing this statement.

“And I know who this lover boy of yours is….” He continued, smirking. She looked at him wide eyed.

“Wh- who?” She asked stuttering.

“Our boss…. Mr. Akash Singh Raizada.” He came near her and whispered.

“God! Rajeev I will kill you if this information went out!” She whisper-yelled at him.

“Nope… My lips are sealed!” He said, gesturing his hands in zipping his lips and throwing the key away and grinned.

“Go back to your work now!” He winked at her and went back to his work.

‘I should have a talk with him….’ She thought and leaving all of her work, went towards his cabin.

Instead of knocking, she opened his cabin door a little and peeked in. His cabin was a mess. Files were lying here and there. Even some papers were scattered on the floor. And Akash was looking for something desperately, with a look of frustration on his face. And most probably he was looking for his specs as he wasn't wearing them. Payal smiled at his situation and went in.

“What a cruel irony it is to lose your glasses…” She started as she walked in. 

He was able to see Payal's blurry image. He isn't that bad without spectacles.

“Payal?” He spoke.

“I will help you…” She said and he sat down on his chair tiredly.

“I have seen everywhere. I hope they are still intact, because I do not have any spare set with me right now.”

She spotted his glasses on the couch nearby and smiling to herself she picked them up..

“Well…. I can't understand how did you search everywhere without your other pair of eyes.” She spoke walking towards me.

“Are you making fun of me?” He asked, but was surprised when she came near him and made him wear his glasses. 

“I wasn't planning to…” She spoke leaning on his chair. He looked away.

“Payal…” She stood up straight and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Can you bring me a coffee?” He asked.

“Sure..!” She spoke and left to grab a coffee for him.

‘What is she doing? When did she become this bold? And wait? Why is she doing this?’ 

Tired, he crossed his arms on the table and kept his head down. She came back with a cup of coffee in her hand found him like this.

She kept the coffee mug on table and kept her palm on his shoulder. He didn't react to it.

“Akash…” He still didn't reply.

“It's okay. I forgive you.” He didn't reply.

“You hear me? I forgive you!” She shouted a bit and he looked up.

“You are joking… right?” He asked not able to believe.

“I am not joking. I forgive you Akash. Let's keep everything back in past and start a fresh.” She spoke.