15. Nurturing Relationships

Alok entered Raizada mansion, with something that was forbidden for few days. Ice-cream! Safely kept in a paper bag, no one can recognise it's ice-cream, can they? Yes! If it started melting.

'Run Alok!' He thought and started to go upstairs but Mami ji caught him.

"Arre.... Alok bitwa? You here?" He smiled awkwardly.

"Ji.... Mami ji...."

"Any workwa?" He nodded in hesitation.

"Bhat?" (What?)

"Wo.... I need to take some files from Advay's room... so..." He trailed off.

Here Anjali came out to check her strawberry ice-cream came or not and smiled in glee to see Alok downstairs.

"Alok...." She called.

"Hi.." He greeted Anjali, smiling lightly.

"Good you came..... Cheeku just called me to help you search for files... come..!" Mami ji didn't interrupted them this time and Alok followed Anjali, amused.

"I didn't knew you will lie.... Liar!" He teased her entering the room.

"Anything for my ice-cream! Now give it to me!" Anjali demanded. He forwarded the ice-cream tub to her.

She opened it hurriedly. Taking a spoonful in her mouth, she moaned, closing her eyes, relishing her strawberry flavoured ice-cream.

Alok smiled widely looking at her.

'She deserves all the love and happiness in this world!'

"You will not tell Cheeku that I ate ice-cream, will you?" She asked innocently.

He shook his head smiling.

"Alok... I was thinking something..."

"Hmm?"

"Should I start doing some job or work?" He looked at her dumbstruck.

"Anjali... you... you are pregnant.." He whispered.

"So what??" She asked casually, eating her ice cream.

"Anjali.. you... aren't you four and a half months pregnant?" She looked at him amazed.

"How do you know how much months it has been exactly?"

"Amm..wo.. Advay.. Advay told me." Anjali nodded, buying his excuse.

Little did she know that it is him who keep tabs on her health for Advay and for himself too.

"Haan toh... what's wrong in it? It is not like I am joining from tomorrow. I will take out my certificates, degrees, prepare, then look for a suitable job." She explained.

"But... do you really think you will be able to handle with a newborn?"

"I think yes... you know I think need a break.. and I need to be independent. And doing some work will be a perfect thing."

"You really believe your brothers will let you work?"

"Alok... I said independent... INDEPENDENT!"

"Hmm.." He nodded.

"What?? Don't you like the idea?" She asked, sadly.

"No..! Nothing like that... Actually you are right! This will help you move on..." She smiled, gleefully.

Now he will have to look for a suitable job for her. It will be best if he find some vacancy in the Raizada office itself.

____________________