17. Not giving up

It has been fifteen days. Arnav and Akash were trying their best to earn forgiveness from Khushi and Payal. But they didn't budge. Advay and Chandni hasn't revealed anything about they being in a relationship to anyone yet. Aman was working tirelessly because Arnav was concentrating on Khushi. He was cursing Arnav in his mind for being an idiot yet was praying that Khushi forgive Arnav. Raizada's were waiting for the day when they will see their both sons and daughter-in-laws together happy. Gupta's prayed for nothing but their children's happiness and that Khushi forgive them soon. Alok and Anjali has become more close friends and now Anjali is five months pregnant.

Alok was sitting on the couch, doing something in his mobile. Anjali came slowly and sat beside him. He glanced at her and gave her a smile.

“Alok can I hear songs from your playlist?” She asked cutely. 

How can he deny such a cute, chubby, pregnant lady sitting beside him. He nodded and took out earphones from his pocket. But those were a tangled mess. 

“Give me minute…” He spoke giving her a sheepish smile and started untangling those.

She nodded and got up to bring something to eat. Who says pregnancy is easy?

She came into kitchen and pulled out some boxes of snacks from the shelf. Serving them in a plate, she was going to walk out when Advay came there.

“Di… Are you fine? It's late. Why didn't you sleep?” He asked.

“Cheeku… I am absolutely fine. I didn't feel like sleeping. So, I was sitting there with Alok, passing my time.” He nodded and gestured with his eyes towards the plate she was holding.

“Wo… I felt hungry… So…” She spoke biting her cheek. He smiled. 

“By the way… Why are you awake?” 

“Amm… Work Di…” He replied rubbing the back of his neck.

“Work hmm?” She asked narrowing her eyes teasing him.

“Haan di…” He opened the refrigerator door and pulled out a chilled water bottle.

“Chandni must have been helping you then, isn't she?” She teased him.

“Di!” He chided her.

“What?” She laughed and walked out.

He was so happy watching his Di being carefree.

She came back on the couch and saw Alok was still untangling those earphones.

“Ahh!! Stupid earphones!” He grumbled.
She bit back her chuckle.

She took the tangled earphones from his hands gently and he looked at her. In a minute she straightened those earphones. He kept gazing at her. She looked at him and snapped her fingers in front of his eyes.

“Songs?” He nodded and connected the earphones in his mobile.

“Alok… You should take wireless earphones. I don't think you would have been able to untangle those.” She teased him chuckling.

“Anjali yaar!!” He groaned and then joined her in laughing.

Advay who was going back in his room saw this exchange between his Di and his best friend. He saw how Alok looked at his sister. He saw how Alok made her comfortable. He noticed his Di being jolly.

‘Chandni wasn't wrong. If it's Alok I don't have to worry. Let it be Di's decision.’ He thought and then went back to his room smiling.
________________

Payal entered her cubicle and kept her hand bag on the desk, sighing. 

“Again I will have to ignore him ….”