24. 'A New Start...!'

“Arnav ji…” Khushi called him in a whisper. She was sitting just beside him.

“Hmm…” He turned his face to her.

“Sab ko bhookh lagi hogi…”
(Everyone must be hungry...)

She spoke glancing at Alok, Advay and Chandni.

“Aur tumhe?”
(And you?)

He asked not looking away from her even for a minute. 

She looked back at him and smiled lightly.

“Aur aapko bhi…”
(And you too...)

She spoke and he smiled.

“Let's bring some food for them…” Khushi spoke and stood up. He nodded and followed her. 

They looked at the other three. Chandni had her head rested on Advay's shoulder while his head was supported by the wall behind. Both of them dozed off, waiting. Alok was continuously fighting with his sleep because he wasn't getting any comfortable position to take a nap.

“Let's go…” Arnav muttered and held her hand in his tightly. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Cheese sandwich or burger?” Arnav asked as Khushi sat down on the chair. 

“Sandwich…” She replied. 

“Amm… Sandwich… Okay…” He muttered and moved towards the counter. 

She continued sitting there, waiting. Her mind on her own started to think about Arnav.

‘What is going on in Arnav ji's mind now? He is doing everything. Still, he had maintained the distance. Amm… Difficult right? Is he…. upset?’ 

“There you go…!” He spoke, placing a tray on the table. That broke her chain of thoughts. 

The tray had two cheese sandwiches and a big burger. It also had two beverage tumblers with straws. Then he kept a paper bag on the table. She looked at the bag and then at him, questioning.

“Take away for them.” He answered politely and picked up his burger. 

She nodded and picked up her sandwich. But her mind wasn't on the sandwich. She wanted to talk to Arnav. She missed him being him. Sure she wasn't trusting him completely from the start but now he is slowly making her trust him. 

“Arnav ji…” She called him softly, breaking the silence.

He looked at her as he gulped down the piece he ate.

“Are you… Are you upset?” She asked, hesitating.

“No. Why would I be?” He spoke politely with a confused smile.

“After… After our argument in the room… After whatever I said, we never had a big, meaningful conversation. So… Are you upset?” 

‘Over what I said?’ She wanted to add but couldn't bring herself to. Surely, he was breaking her walls but she is still not letting all of her guards down. Not yet.

In reality, she was feeling bad after saying all that. Because Khushi is Khushi. She had never been this rude to anyone. She wouldn't have felt bad if he would have fought back. But he kept all his weapons down. He let her win. And that's not what ASR do.

“No. I am fine.” He started with a smile and sipped the drink from his tumbler.

“It's just….” He continued, “I have realised that…”