Chapter 14

Ok. So this chapter is pretty long. I hope you like it. :D I haven't read over this, so if you see any mistakes please feel free to let me know.

I started seeing Meg more and more as she and her mom came to our house for dinner and vice versa. We slept over at each other's place more often and even during the week now. Of course I would occasionally sneak out to see Vincent when I stayed with Meg. I even felt like I had become closer to him. Even though I spent more time with him, we had calmed down some. We would have meals together and spent more time talking and actually watching movies. We still kissed and made out, but not nearly as much...well, not as much as I would have liked anyway.

~Dear  Diary, It feels as if I have been writing less and less. I do still enjoy writing, but I have people I feel like I can confide in now and trust. I actually shared some of my journal entries with Meg. I was nervous as hell, but she didn't judge me at all. Anyway, my birthday is coming up tomorrow and I am actually excited! I'm going to have a real birthday party for once. It will be small, but that's how I would prefer it- just my friends and family. Meg's mom is staying with my dad tonight so they can work on setting things up for tomorrow and they said that I have to stay here with Meg- which is totally fine with me. Since Vincent can't be there for my party- you know, cause it wouldn't look right for my teacher to be there- we're going to have our own little celebration- just the two of us.~

    I finished writing as Meg and I pulled up to her apartment. She walked me to Vincent's door and I let myself in with the spare key he had given me. Even though it was Friday I knew it would be a while before he got home because he told me he had A LOT of papers to grade and lessons to plan, so I just made myself comfortable on the sofa and I had accidentally fallen asleep.

    When I woke up I could smell someone cooking. I looked at the time on the wall clock that hung above the sofa- 6:19 pm. I turned my head to the kitchen and I could see the table was set just like it had been the first time I had dinner with him and he was cooking on the stove, not facing me. Quietly, I got up from the sofa and made my way into the kitchen, he stopped what he was doing when I wrapped my arms around him from behind.

    "So, you've awakened mon beauté sommeil," he said to me. (My sleeping beauty)

    "Why didn't you wake me," I asked, still holding him with my groggy eyes closed.

    He turned to me and smiled, lifting my face with a gentle hand. "You looked so beautiful and peaceful Chérie."

    All I could do was smile at him. "What is it you're making," I asked.

    "Shrimp Fettuccini alfredo," he answered before turning back around to stir it a bit.

    Between the two of us, we had managed to drink a whole bottle of wine with dinner. It wasn't enough to get me drunk, but I did feel pretty good afterwards. I had gotten used to wine by now because just about every time I came over we both would have a glass or two. Afterwards, we both sat on the couch and just cuddled together until he suddenly stood up.

    "Arielle, I have something for you," he said nervously as he pulled a small, velvety blue box from his pocket.

    "Y-you really didn't have to get me anything," I told him. "I would have been just as content to just be with you."

    He pulled me up to my feet and held me. "I didn't do it because I felt like I had to," he murmured. "I did it because I WANTED to."

    He opened the box for me, revealing an absolutely beautiful 18k, rose-gold, heart-key pendant.

    I gasped when I saw it. "I-it's- Oh my goodness. It's SO beautiful, Vincent."

    He took it out of the box and fastened it around my neck.