Chapter 24

Aaaaaand....next chapter! YAY! It didn't take me weeks to get a new one typed! :D

It is pretty short though.

But I'm already working on the next chapter.

Again, this is not edited, feel free to point out anything you may notice. :)

Vincent's POV

After vomiting so much, Arielle fell asleep in my arms. I knew she must have been extremely tired. She was so exhausted that she didn't even wake up- not even a little- when I put her in my car to take her home. I was greeted by her dad at the door, concern washed over his face when he didn't see his daughter with me.

"Where's Arielle?" he asked anxiously. There was a look of fear in his eyes as he obviously thought something had happened to her.

"Don't worry, sir," I said calmly, easing his fears. "She's in my car asleep. I just wanted to make sure the door was opened so I could get her in."

"Thank you for bringing her home, Vince," he said as we got her into bed. "But you know, she could have stayed with you. I don't mind. I just wanted her to know she could come home whenever she was ready."

I looked to him and smiled. "You're welcome," I said as we exited her room and made our way down the stairs to the kitchen. "But I actually wanted to talk to you."

"What about," he asked as he poured us both a cup of coffee and we sat at the kitchen table.

I hesitated. I wasn't sure how he would react after earlier. I had his trust once again but I didn't know if it would be enough. After a while I just came out and said it.

"I want to marry your daughter, sir," I finally said nervously.

He didn't say anything for what felt like hours. I don't know how much time had passed before he cleared his throat and spoke to me. Seconds? Minutes? All I know is it felt like a long time.

"You realize what you are asking me is not an easy thing to answer," he stated and I gulped apprehensively. "It's not as simple as just answering with a 'yes' or a 'no'."

"I realize exactly what I am asking," I said with a little more confidence. "And I understand that it is not an easy decision, but I DO love her. I am not simply asking because of the baby or because of a sense of responsibility. I am asking because I am in love with her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to have a family with her and tell her everyday..."

"I know you love Arielle," he interrupted me, "That is the ONLY reason I have not said 'no'. But, you are also her teacher and much older than she is. I know how much you care for her and how much she loves you. As a father it is my responsibility to protect her and I should not allow you to ask her. HOWEVER, as ARIELLE's father, I would like to say..."

"What are you guys talking about," I heard Arielle say.

We both turned our heads to her to see her walking down the stairs. I was glad to see she was awake and feeling well enough to get out of bed, but she didn't look good. There were tiny red spots around her eyes and on her lids from vomiting so badly and despite being pregnant, she looked like she had lost a lot of weight. It dawned on me that she hasn't had not even one prenatal visit yet, I would definitely be making her one first thing in the morning.

"Nothing in particular, honey," her dad said, answering her question and then advising her to go back to bed and get some rest.

She pouted for a moment, clearly not believing her dad, and then turned around. I watched her fragilely walk back up the stairs and then suddenly she fell. I thought she had simply missed a step, but as I rushed to her I realized that she had fainted.