Chapter 35

I actually finished writing this about a week ago. But I just now got around to reading over it and posting it for you guys. Lol

Rosette's POV

"Darling, you have no idea just how much I really loved the gift you gave me," I reassured her, but I could tell she was still doubtful.

"Then why did you break it," she interrogated me. "Why did you never wear it again. Why did you cry and look so angry in the mirror."

We were sat on the bed now, beside each other. Until now, I had no idea that she had seen me in the room when I took it off. And I felt terrible for it.

Flashback

"Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" Arielle said excitedly as she handed me a cute little pink gift bag.

I was shocked as I took the small bag from her. I couldn't believe that she would want to get me a gift. I was a terrible mother, She must've thought I hated her. But none the less, she still got me a gift- that really meant a lot. I looked inside the bag and took out the small, velvet box and opened it. I was speechless. It was beautiful. And she picked it out. Time seemed to stop at that moment as I stared at the locket in my hands.

"The big heart is you, mommy. And the little heart is me," She explained. "See the little heart is inside the big heart. Just like I want to be in yours." I couldn't take it anymore, my eyes filled with tears as my baby girl told me all of that. "Do you like it?" She asked me uncertainly.

I wiped away my tears and hugged her. It was the happiest moment of my life. Why couldn't I always feel like this? This is the way things should be.

"Of course I do, Arielle, sweetheart," I said sincerely as I pulled away from her with a smile to look at her. "I love any gift you give me...but I especially love this one. Thank you."

Arielle looked at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen on her. This is how I always wanted our relationship to be. And after this moment, I knew it was possible. I decided that starting right then and there, I would be better. I would be the kind of mother I should have been all along. the kind of mother that Arielle deserved.

It had only been a few hours though before that changed.

Brad had been called in for an emergency at the Vet's office and I was home alone with Arielle. She was sitting on the couch watching some show and I was in the kitchen. Thinking. I thought about how terrible I was as a mother and how nothing I do will ever change that. Just because I started acting like a real, loving mother doesn't change the past. I was a horrible mom...and I always would be.

I walked out of the kitchen, towards the bedroom, feeling like I was surrounded by a thick cloud of dark, negative energy. I stood in front of the mirror and cried. Then I began to feel angry. Arielle got this for her mother. And I could never TRULY be a mother to her. I didn't deserve this precious gift she had given me. All of a sudden, my neck burned where the necklace was hanging around it. I couldn't take the pain anymore and I ripped it off. I held it in my hands, close to my heart and cried. I went through every emotion under the sun. I was angry. Sad. pitiful. Hurt. You name it...I felt it. I LOVED her. And I knew it. I just wished that I could feel it. Feel it all the time and never, EVER have any doubts. I put the locket in my jewelry box. I placed it where I would see it every time I opened the box. I couldn't wear it. I wouldn't. Not until I was the mother that I wanted to be for her. Not until I could look her in the eye and feel NOTHING but love and compassion.

End of Flashback

Arielle's POV

"So, why aren't you wearing it now?" I asked her; I thought that she had gotten through all that stuff and I thought she really did love me now.

She looked at me and smiled and she cupped her hands on my cheeks.

"Because, I wanted you to know everything," she answered, "And I wanted you to see me put it back on....Better yet..." She stopped and placed the locket in my hands. "I want you to do it for me."

I looked at the locket and then at my mom. I put the necklace around her neck and then carefully fastened it. She turned around to face me, touched the locket gently, and smiled.

"I will never take this off again," she promised and then hugged me. "Thank you dear for this beautiful and precious gift. I don't think you knew just how much it meant to me when you gave me this, or how much it means now."

"I'm just glad you're back in my life and to know that you really do love me," I said.

We both wiped away tears and walked out of the room smiling. The whole atmosphere seemed to change. I could feel it. I could feel that my dad was much less angry at her and trusted her more and Cora seemed to be a little more accepting and at peace with my mom. Everything just felt....right. The way it should...

Dear Diary,

So much is changing recently- from my body to everything around me. It's all changing- for the better. I grow closer to my mom each day. I think of how things were before and then I look around me. I can't believe how my life has turned out. I am surrounded by more family than I could possibly imagine. Everything seems to be falling into place!

Soon, Cora and I are going to find out what we are having. Im so excited, I can't wait. We are both hoping for boys, guess we'll find out soon enough! <3

So. Here it is. What do you guys think? To short?