Chapter 8

Dedicated to- Theworldofawesomness. Thank you awesomness for taking the time to read all my chapters today and comment on everyone. I absolutely love feed back and it encourages me to update faster. And as promised, here is chapter numero 8. Enjoy

~·~·~~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

Dear Diary, I came home from the hospital today and the doctors told me I was okay to go back to school if I felt like it since my injuries aren't severe. Tomorrow is Friday and I think I will try to make it to school. My car is totaled and even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't feel comfortable driving with my injuries. And to be honest, I'm a little too afraid to drive for now so Meg offered to be my chauffeur for as long as I need. She also offered to stay here with me and help me with everything, even though it is a school day. Her mom was happy to write her a "sick note" for the day.

I looked up when I heard Meg call my name, "Arie, Where do you keep your clean towels at?"

"They're in the closet in the bathroom," I called back to her.

"Ok, great. I found them. Can you come here please," she said from my bathroom.

I stood up carefully so that none of my wounds would open from being stretched the wrong way and went in the bathroom as she asked.

"Now, let me help you undress," she said.

I thought she was joking, but her face was so serious. Undress? Right here in front of her? I thought to myself. I was a very modest person. I never even wore anything revealing or short. No one has ever seen ANYTHING except that one time I showed her my back, but I was a mental mess then.

"Look, you don't got nothing I don't got, so don't be embarrassed," she said as she turned on the shower. "You're literally a bloody mess. There is blood matted in your hair and there is dried blood just about everywhere else. You really need to clean yourself up and I know you can't do this by yourself because of your injuries, so please let me help you, okay?"

Well, she did have a point. If I stretched my arms up to wash my hair then it would probably cause some wounds to bleed again, and I knew that because of my cracked ribs it would be difficult to bend over and wash my legs. My ribs also made it difficult to put my arms up to do my hair anyway. I guess I don't have a choice then.

I sighed and started to undress with help from Meg.

As she helped me undress it felt more comforting than it did uncomfortable. I felt embarrassed at first but Meg was so gentle and so kind. I stepped in the shower and she washed my hair for me first. With all the dried blood in it, it took quite a while to get it all out. She then let me wash whatever I could reach easily on my own which was really just my chest and stomach. Finally, she did my back, my arms, and my legs. When I stepped out of the shower, she carefully dried me off and put me on some comfy, loose clothing- a large t-shirt and big sweat pants- and braided my long hair for me.

The rest of the day we spent sitting on my bed watching movies. Meg would not let me do a thing. Whenever I needed something she was happy to get it for me. At around 8 pm I took the Lortab that the doctor prescribed and I was out like a light. The last thing I remembered before passing out was Meg telling me that she was going to stay the night. I just responded with groggy, inaudible mumbles.

I woke up around 5:30 in the morning due to the pain as the medication had worn off. I looked around, half asleep, and saw that Meg was asleep on my day bed, in front of the window.

Oh yeah. I forgot that Meg was going to spend the night. I thought to myself.

I eventually forced myself out of bed and decided to get ready for school. I rummaged through my dresser, trying to find some loose clothes to wear.