Chapter 29

Sooooo....I have a bad case of (cue epic music) writer's block! Like, I know what I want to happen, but I am completely unsure of how I want it to happen. I have no idea how this is going to go...I guess we'll see.

Dear Diary, I'm kinda nervous about today. I am going to meet Vincent's parents for the first time. They know absolutely nothing about me and they also don't know about the baby. I'm afraid that they won't approve of me and I remember Vincent saying that their opinions are important to him. If I'm not good enough for them then does that mean I'm not good enough for Vincent?

I was sitting on Vincent's bed as I wrote this. Then I just stopped. I put the journal off to the side, still open, and put my pen on top of it. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and counted to ten to calm down. When I was done, I shook my head at myself. I knew I couldn't let that bother me. I knew it wasn't true.

"Are you ready, Chérie," Vincent called out to me as he made his way from the bathroom to the bedroom.

He walked in wearing a blue striped dress shirt and dark blue jeans with his hair styled with gel. He looked at me- sitting on the bed wearing one of his tees with sleep shorts and my hair in a messy bun. I hadn't even bothered to get ready yet. I honestly just didn't feel like it, not that I didn't WANT to.

"I'm sorry," I said apologetically.

He looked at me and smiled as he walked towards me. He held out a hand and pulled me to my feet.

"If this is what you are comfortable in, then just wear this," he said sweetly.

I gave a little laugh, "Yes, this is comfy," I admitted. "But I am NOT going to meet your parents like this."

I pulled away and looked in his closet for something to wear. I had accumulated my own wardrobe here at his place. It was stuff that I had left here by accident, stuff Meg had brought me, and stuff that he had bought for me. I tried on just about everything because I didn't like the way anything looked on me. It was all either too tight or made me look "fat".

"You look beautiful," Vincent said to me as he leaned on the door frame.

"But, I'm not wearing anything," I said bashfully.

He grinned at me. "I know. I still think you're beautiful no matter what you wear or don't wear though."

"You're just saying that," I said as I finally picked out an outfit and headed out of the bedroom to go get a shower.

As I walked past him in the door way, he held his arm out and stopped me.

"I'm not," he said in a very sincere tone. "I mean it. I think you are gorgeous- inside and out."

He leaned down to kiss me and then I gave him a smile, letting him know I believed him. I walked to the bathroom and stopped just outside the door. I took a deep breath and counted before slowly opening the door. Counting and breathing was my way of clearing my mind of everything negative and replacing and focusing on the positive. It was one of the few things that kept me sane. I turned the water on and took my shower in piece with no negative or scary thoughts. I actually enjoyed it for a change...until I stepped out of the shower.

I about had a heart attack when I got out and saw Vincent standing there. I looked at him and he had a very serious look on his face, then I saw my journal in his hand.

"D-did you read that," I asked.

I wasn't really too concerned about him knowing what was in it, most of it he knew about already, but it still felt like he had invaded my privacy. I mean- I don't keep secrets- the least he could d is not invade my personal journal.