Chapter 10

So I figured that the song Moondance by Michael Buble would be most fitting for this chapter. (Though I prefer the Celtic Thunder version) Anyway, this chapter is Vincent's point of view. Somethings are the same as last Chapter, but there is more added. Anyway. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. :D

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

    "Can I ask you something," I asked her, my voice husky, and she only nodded. "Why do you do this to me."

    She was silent and she seemed like she was deep in thought. "Wh-what do you mean," she asked me, innocently but nervously. 

    I looked down at her and gave her a smile so she wouldn't be so nervous.

    "I'm sorry, you can't help it, I know," I said as I helped her get to a desk to sit down.

    "But what is it," She asked me again.

    "It's nothing," I told her with a smirk, hoping she would leave it be.

    She sat there the rest of the time glaring holes through me. I had really posses her off, not telling her. It was cute though that she was mad. I gave her a smirk as she continued to glare and the bell rang.

    "Let's get you to 6th period," I said as I helped her stand up.

    I walked her to class and she took her seat beside the window. I stood near the door, waiting for her friend Meghan to come in. There was something I needed to talk to her about.

    "Hi, M. Mercer," she said, as she walked into class.

    "Meghan, I need to talk to you about something, if you don't mind," I said, making sure no one else was walking in to hear our conversation. "I- I want to take Arielle for a date, but I'm not sure what she would like." I told her in a whisper.

    Meghan thought for a moment.

    "Well, I'm pretty sure she's probably never been on a date," she said quietly looking over her shoulder cautiously. "And due to her injuries, there's not much she could do. Also, you have to keep in mind that the two of you can't be seen together."

    She had a valid point. I thought for a while and came up with an idea.

    "How about if I make dinner for her at my place and we could watch a movie?" I asked. "Do you think she would like that?"

    Meghan smiled and nodded.

    "That would probably be best. What's your address?" She offered. "I'll drop her off since she can't be seen getting in your vehicle."

     "It's 112, Bulilding B at the Wellington Apartments," she looked shocked when I told her this.

    "You're kidding," she said. "That's the same building I live in."

    Students had started coming in at this point, so I had to end the conversation. 

    "Bring her by at 5 o'clock," I added quickly but quietly before Meghan went to sit beside Arielle.

    As class went by, I couldn't help but feel nervous about talking to Arielle. I wasn't sure how she would react or what she would say.

    As time passed, I grew more and more anxious. The sound of the bell startled me and it was time for me to ask her...almost. First, everyone had to leave.

    "Good luck, M. Mercer," Meghan said as she "left" the room.

    "Wait, Meg! You're my ride home, remember," Arielle called out to her.