Chapter 17

So, I figured that you wonderful readers deserve TWO updates for waiting so long, so here is the second one. :) My supervisor was out of the office for like 3 hours, so I had time to type this whole thing! :D as always, enjoy!

   Wh- what do I do, I wondered to myself all day. All I could do all day was throw up and panic internally. There was so much on my mind. How am I supposed to tell Vincent? How could I tell him? He would hardly be alone with me and this was not something I felt should be told over the phone. I began to panic even more when I tried to imagine how he would react. Would he be so angry and want me to get rid of it? I shook my head violently; there was NO WAY I would do that! I couldn't bring myself to basically kill a child, born or not! My mind wandered even farther. I thought about how much I had been drinking lately because of nerves and stress. What if I had unknowingly harmed him? Or her?

    I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't even realized that I had started crying.

    "Is everything ok, Arie," Meg asked me in a tender, soothing voice as she sat down on the sofa beside me. It was already past 6 PM and the other girls had left long ago. "Do you want to talk about anything?"

    I leaned into Meg and she wrapped her arms around me. "No, everything is not ok," I cried. "But I don't really want to talk about it right now."

    Meg just sat there, holding me and speaking softly.

    "That's fine," she said. "You can tell me whatever it is whenever you feel ready."

    Meg's embrace was so warm and so comforting that I managed to fall asleep. I was so thankful, as it was much needed. And it was the best sleep I had gotten all week, although it didn't last long. I was awakened by her cell phone ringing a little more than an hour later. When I woke up, I realized that Meg was still on the couch beside me, only now my head was rested on he lap and her hand rubbed my head gently. I sat up and rubbed my groggy eyes as she answered the phone and walked into the kitchen. I heard her gasp and I worried that maybe something bad had happened.

    "That's...oh my gosh! I cant believe it!" I heard her say in shock. She paused a moment as the person on the other end must've been talking. "No, no. That's alright. I'll tell her." She paused again a little longer this time. "Well, it's definitely...surprising...but if you're happy, then so am I."

    I heard a click as the call had ended and Meg walked back into the living room where I was. The look on her face was one of total shock mixed with excitement.

    "You are not going to believe this," she said to me, still sounding shocked from the phone call.

    "What is it," I asked quickly. I wasn't really in the mood for guessing games and I just wanted her to get to the point.

    She looked up as if she was searching the ceiling for the right words to say.

    "Um...well...you and I...," she paused for a second and took a deep breath, "...we're going to be sisters."

    I instantly perked up. Sisters?

    "Our parents are getting married?" I asked, figuring that's what she meant...but she shook her head, no.

    No?

    "Actually, what I meant is that...uh...we're going to be big sisters..." she said, emphasizing the last part.

    I could feel my jaw drop so hard that I thought it was going to break off. Big sisters? That would have to mean...

    "...your mom is...pregnant!" I finished my thought out loud.