Chapter 34

So. I have good news. I am no moved into my own house. Now I can spend more time on writing than I did before! YEAH! Abd do hrs is the new chapter. I hope you like it and please be sure to vote and comment!!

Arielle's POV

    "Good morning, Arielle," my mother said, smiling as Vincent and I walked in the front door.

    It had been a little over a week now since she came home with us. She wasn't actually living with Vincent and me though. She was living next door with Dad, Cora, and Meg. Yup. We finally were all moved into our new place. It was really nice- not having to go back and fourth between houses and apartments anymore. But things were also kind of awkward, especially between Cora and my mom. Cora didn't feel like her relationship with Dad was being threatened by my mom being there- she knew how Dad felt- but she obviously wasn't fond of my mom. Cora was very nice and polite towards her, but she wasn't exactly friends with her. I think the relationship between them was mutual though, but I could also tell that my mom respected Cora's relationship with Dad.

    "Good morning," I replied as Vincent pulled out a chair at the table for me to sit in. "Thanks," I said, looking at Vincent and giving him a quick kiss before I sat down.

    Cora and dad walked out of the kitchen, both bringing food. Dad was carrying the pancakes and sausage and Cora had the eggs and grits.

    "Meg, get down here," Cora called out as she placed the food on the table.

    Within seconds, Meg was coming down the stairs, still in her pj's and her hair in a really messy bun, like she had just woken up.

    "Good grief child," Cora scowled and placed her hands on her hips, "Why aren't you ready for school yet?"

    "I'm sorry, mom," she apologized. "It's just that I was up late last night and I kinda overslept."

    Cora's facial expression softened a bit as she sighed. "It's fine. You're going to be late anyway, so just get dressed after you eat."

    We were all at the table and I had fixed my plate, but all I could do was stare at my food. It looked and smelled SO delicious just a few minutes ago, but now I felt like if I even tried to take so much as a bite that I would be sick. Sure enough- I tried to take a tiny bite of a pancake and I had to take off to the bathroom. As I was crouched over the toilet, I felt someone softly rub my back. I turned around, expecting to see Cora- a lot of times when I was sick she would come and comfort me because she knew what I was going through. Instead I saw my mom.

    "It's ok, Dear," she said softly, "I know this part is awful, but in the end it will all be worth it."

    "I know," I said simply.

    My mom was looking at me and smiling but concerned at the same time, I could see my dad standing in the door way watching. I noticed that whenever she was anywhere near me, he was there too, constantly watching. I felt awful that he had to do that. I wish that he could just trust her a little bit more.

    Vincent left for work before me and I went with Meg to the school since she was running late and I was going to be late since I had to get myself cleaned up.

    "So, why were you up late?" I asked her. "Were you talking to Sean all night?" I teased.

    She laughed it off and shrugged. "No." She answered. "It was your mom."

    "Wait, what?" I asked, confused and shocked.

    Meg smiled. "Yeah, Ive been talking to your mom a lot."