Chapter 19

Once again, I am sorry this update took so long. It's really just been a really crappy month. Probably the only good thing about this month was my daughter turned one. Anyway, here it is though. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

    Coach Fowler, the gym coach, excused me from gym early when he found out that I was sick and throwing up. I ran to the nearest bathroom, trying to hold it in until I reached a toilet or a trash can. He insisted that I go to see the nurse. I left the gym, but I didn't go to see the nurse- I didn't need to. I knew what was wrong and if I went to the nurse, she would just want me to go home and rest which wouldn't actually help me any.

    I went ahead and walked to my next class. I figured that Miss Paisley wouldn't mind me being early. I sighed as I got closer to the door. How am I going to face this woman, knowing that she knows about us and wants revenge, I thought to myself. I stopped myself dead in my tracks, just before reaching the door. I could hear two voices, a male and a female. I recognized the voices although I couldn't make out every word. But what I could make out felt like a knife through my heart.

    "You loved me once, Vincent," I heard Miss Paisley say. Her words rang loud and clear and they repeated over and over in my head.

    I remembered back when I asked Vincent if he loved her, he told me NO! Why? Why did he lie to me? I know that it shouldn't matter that he loved her, and it's not so much the fact that he did that hurts. It's the fact that he lied! He lied to me!

    "...I really did love you..." I heard somebody say.

    My head hurt so much, I couldn't tell who it was that had said it. I gathered up the courage to walk in there. I stood there in the door frame for a moment. I wanted SO BADLY to shout at them, but I felt as if I was paralyzed. Miss Paisley turned around and her eyes seemed to get huge when she saw me. Vincent then turned around and looked at me in shock.

    I knew why they seemed so surprised to see me. I wasn't meant to hear that conversation. I didn't hear much of it, but I heard enough.

    "Arielle, what are you doing here," he asked me in a nervous tone.

    Again, I wanted to speak but couldn't. Tears began to stream down my face. When my body finally decided to cooperate, I ran. I took off as fast as I could and ran into an empty classroom. The only things in there were a few cabinets, stacked up desks and chairs, and boxes. I crouched down beside some boxes and let myself cry. I heard the door open and someone walked in. I tried my best to muffle the sound of my sobs, the last thing I wanted right now was for someone to find me like this.

    I didn't do a very good job at muffling the sound and I knew they heard me, so I hid my face in my arms so that they at least would not see that. I heard the foot steps maneuver around the room, making their way through the boxes and desks until finally they were standing right beside me. I still didn't know who it was, I didn't have the courage to look up and I was too embarrassed.

    "Arielle..." I heard a soft female voice say. It was soothing and somehow familiar. Whoever it was, she got down on her knees beside me and spoke to me again. "Arielle...it's okay. You can look at me."

    Finally, it clicked. But, no! That voice couldn't belong to HER!? It was soft...and kind...

    I forced myself to look at her and I was right. It was her!

    "I know...you must hate me..." she said.

    "I...I..." I couldn't think of what to say. And I didn't know if I really HATED her, but I knew I certainly didn't like her. "Why? Why are you so mean?"