Chapter 20

Well, here it is. Chapter 20!  It's pretty short, but I hope you enjoy anyway.
You know, I should do something special for y'all making it this far. Got any ideas? Just let me know in the comments. ;)
~Comment
~Vote
~Fan
^_^

    I looked at Vincent sitting across the table from me. I felt SO happy to see him- but I also felt SO guilty for earlier.

    "About earlier," we both said at the same time.

    "You go first," he said to me.

    I looked down and sighed as I thought of what to say and how to say it.

    "I'm sorry," I began by apologizing. "I shouldn't have been trying to listen in on your conversation with Miss Paisley, and honestly, I didn't hear very much at all- just bits and pieces. But what I DID hear was "love". You "loved" her. Then I remembered you telling me that you never did love her." I tried to hold back the tears, but with no luck. They flooded like waterfalls. "I felt so hurt, so betrayed, for letting myself trust someone SO much and then being lied to. And for a moment, I don't know who I hated more- you for lying to me or myself for letting you lie."

    My tears made everything seem so blurry that I couldn't tell that he had moved next to me until I felt him shift and cup my face in his hand.

    "Arielle, I NEVER lied to you and I never will," he said, wiping my tears away and looking me straight in the eye. "I love YOU and only YOU- you silly girl. Don't ever think otherwise. YES, there was a time when I THOUGHT that I was in love with Angela, but you- I LOVE YOU! And I KNOW for a fact that I do. I know it and I FEEL it. It's like nothing I have ever felt before, not even with her. YOU are the only person who has ever made me feel this way." He had tears welling up in his eyes now as he kissed my forehead. "I love you Arielle."

    "I- I love you too," I choked out.

    Then, from behind Vincent, I noticed our waitress. She was standing there- crying.

    "That is the most romantic thing I have ever witnessed," she wailed.

    Then we could hear sniffling from the booth behind us. We looked to see Miss Paisley sitting there- crying as well- only not quite as dramatically as our waitress was. All of a sudden, I had burst into a laughing fit, earning a few concerned and confused looks from them.

    "What's so funny," Vincent asked me.

    I stopped laughing and wiped a tear from my eye- the tears were from laughing so hard, "It's just so funny," I answered him. "I mean, just look at all of us...it's like a real life soap opera in here right now and I just couldn't help but laugh!"

    Vincent smiled and slowly and quietly started to laugh along with me. Soon after, everyone else joined in until Vincent had stopped.

    "If you guys don't mind, I would like to be alone with her now," he said quite seriously.

    The laughter died and Miss Paisley and our waitress left quietly. The two of us just sat there in silence, staring at our menus. After about 10 minutes, the waitress returned for our order.

    "Can I start you guys off with an appetizer?" she asked politely.

    "Yes. We'll have the red snapper rolls please," Vincent ordered, still looking at his menu.

    "Ok, and would you guys like to go ahead and order or do you need more time?" She asked after she wrote on her order pad.

    "I'll have the Lobster Tail and steak, cooked medium rare please," he said and then looked to me.

    "Uh...I'll just have the um chicken yakisoba, please," I said.

    It seemed like as soon as she had left with our order, she was back- with 6 VERY delicious looking red snapper rolls. I could feel my mouth watering at the sight of them and I watched hungrily as Vincent picked one up with his chop sticks and placed it in his mouth.

    "Have one," he insisted, as he slid the plate closer to me.

    "Ah, um, no thank you," I declined.

    He looked at me questioningly, "But you said before that they were your favorite."

    Shit! I did tell him that a while back, he even made some for me as a surprise once.

    "Well, you see- I haven't felt so well to my stomach lately and besides, it would be so disappointing that they aren't as good as the ones you made for me," I somewhat lied.

    By the time our entrees had arrived, there was still one left over. He insisted on saving it for me even though I had declined three times. We both ate our meals quietly and Vincent kept staring at me like he was looking for something.

    "So, would you like to tell me what's wrong?" Vincent suddenly asked about halfway through our meals.

    "Wh-what do you mean?" I feigned innocence. "Nothing's wro..."

    "Don't give me that!" He demanded. "I know you well enough to know that something is bothering you and don't say it's an upset stomach!"

    His voice was so demanding, it scared me a little and even brought a few tears to my eyes. I wanted so badly to run, but I had nowhere to run to where I could be alone.

    "Arielle," he said, his tone much softer now, "I'm just concerned, that's all. You just don't seem to be yourself and I want so badly to help you, but I cant if I don't know what the problem is."

    "Vincent, I- I can't," I mumbled. "I don't know how to tell you..."

    "Is it me? Are you unhappy?" He asked, and even though I couldn't see his face through my tears I could hear the worry in his voice. "Arielle, you can tell me anything."

    "No! It's not you. Not like you think anyway?" I said.

    "What do you mean "not like I think"," he asked, to which all I could do was shake my head.

    "Can we just talk about it at your place," I finally asked and he smiled.

    "If that's what you would like," he said calmly as he pulled out his wallet and he went to the counter to pay for our meal.

    "You guys have a wonderful night," our waitress said as we left, "Come back soon."

    The ride home was long and quiet. I kept thinking of how I was going to tell him or even if now is the right time. He didn't look away from the road not once- not even to glance at me, I could just feel the nerves coming from him.

    We both sat anxiously on the couch facing each other.

    "Do you- do you REALLY love me?" I asked him. I needed to hear him say it before I could explain anything.

    "Of course I do. You KNOW I do," he said. "What is this about? I don't underst..."

    Before he could finish, I jumped into his arms and wrapped mine around his neck.

    "Yes, I KNOW you do. I just needed to hear it," I explained.

    "Arielle...what's..."

    "I'm pregnant, Vincent," I whispered in his ear.

Soooo......what do you think. Make sure you leave me a comment below- if you want of course. I'd love to hear what you think. Your comments mean SO much to me and are so inspiring!