Chapter 1

Dear Diary, today is the day! Today, I become a senior in high school! I am so excited, but I am also very nervous. It's a new year, and because we moved I will be going to a new school. I've never been good at making friends and I have never felt comfortable talking to people either.

   I stopped writing for a moment and let a soft sigh escape my lips as I gazed out my bedroom window with a solemn expression on my face. I could see the sun peeking out from the horizon; the sky was a mixture of pinks and purples. It was time for me to get ready for the day. I pursed my lips as I finished writing my journal entry.

   This year will be different though. I swear it will. This is the perfect chance for a fresh start!!!   ~Arielle Fischer

   I closed my journal and again looked out the window, but this time with optimism.

   "I can do this!" I thought aloud to myself.

   I turned my head to look at the digital clock on my night stand, 7:02 a.m..

   "Crap!" I yelled out as I rushed to get myself ready.

   Today is my first day and I really REALLY don't want to be late! I put on my favorite baby blue skinny jeans. The back pockets were embellished with sparkly jewels in the shape of butterflies.  I threw on a black tank top and topped it off with a pink and black baby doll style shirt with butterfly style sleeves.  I zipped up my black velvet boots and after I had finished my makeup,  I threw my long brown hair into a cute messy bun leaving shoulder length strands of hair down in front of my ears.

   I looked at the clock again, 7:43a.m. Great! That's just enough time to fix my coffee and have some breakfast. As my coffee was making I fixed myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I fixed my coffee in a to go thermos and I was out the door before 8:00!

   I started my blue Honda Fit and made it to school at about 8:20. Before getting out of my car, I automatically shoved a few pieces of spearmint gum in my mouth so that I would not have coffee breath when I walked in.

   I rushed into the school and walked in a hurry to find my classroom. Room 218A. I was so focused on finding my classroom that I wasn't looking where I was walking and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground.  I had walked into something hard, I figured it was probably a wall.

   "Ow..." I groaned as I looked up to see what or rather WHO I had walked into.

   It was indeed NOT a wall, but a guy. I looked down and blushed. I had bumped into a very CUTE guy. He was tall and well built, I guess that's why I felt like I had ran into a wall.  His hair was jet black with a gentle curl. Part of me couldn't help but wonder if it was as soft as it looked.

   "Are you alright, Miss," he asked as he reached out a hand to help me stand back up. "You sure hit the floor hard."

My face turned beet red as I took his hand. Oh My God! His French accent was incredibly sexy and a tingling sensation took over my body as I was brought to my feet. I felt like I was going to fall to the floor again.

   "I-I'm sorry," I murmured while he leaned over to pick up our books.

   "It's fine, chérie," he said reassuringly, as he handed over my books.

   I noticed that my journal was on top. It was black with pink black bu...

   "So, you like butterflies?"

   Unable to speak, I only nodded my head. I was lost in his eyes. I had never see such a beautiful color. They were a shade of blue that made me think of icey, crystal glaciers from NatGeo. Suddenly the sound of the bell brought me back to reality. I panicked for a moment, having no idea where my class was.