Chapter 9

Ok. So I'm kinda annoyed with something on wattpad. Sometimes when I type a chapter and then publish it, the bold and the italic changes to normal text. So then I go back and edit it and fix it and it still doesn't work. :-/ I try to keep the parts that she writes in the journal in italic. If anyone else has this problem and knows why this happens, could you please message me or comment. It's really annoying when the font not stay the right way.
-Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help.

    Nothing my ass... I thought to myself as I sat there waiting for the bell to ring.

    Finally, it rang and Vincent helped me get to 6th period. I sat at my usual desk beside the window and started to write in my journal.

Dear Diary, Today is my first day back to school since the accident. I'm in a lot of pain still, but I have help from people, so it's not too bad I guess. Vincent asked me why I do something to him, but he won't tell me what it is. Guess I'll have to pry it out of him. Lol.

    I looked up to see Meg talking to Vincent quietly as he kept looking to me. I tried to listen in, but it's hard to eavesdrop when they're whispering. Ugh.

   Vincent gave her a smile and she walked over to sit beside me.

    "What was that all about," I asked Meg.

    She looked at me, with a grin, "It was nothing."

    Nothing? Seriously? I'm so tired of that word now.

    Class went on like normal, except every time Vincent would look at me he seemed to get nervous and it made me even more curious to what they had talked about. I thought maybe it had something to do with what Vincent said to me earlier about why I do something to him.

    I'll get my answer. I thought to myself as soon as the bell rang. I stayed sitting at my desk while the class left, including Meg.

    "Good luck, M. Mercer," she said, waving to him as she left.

    "Wait, Meg," I called out to her. "You're my ride home, remember."

    "Not today," she said with a grin and then quickly disappeared, closing the door behind her.

    I looked curiously at Vincent. What'd she mean by "good luck"? I wondered.

    Vincent looked at me, nervously. I shot up out of my seat and marched over to him, clenching my teeth and fists in pain.

    "What's going on here," I demanded. "And don't tell me it's nothing. I'm tired of hearing that! I want to know what you meant earlier and what you and Meg were talking about!"

    Vincent chuckled and patted me on the head, pissing me off even more.

    "Calm down and I will tell you," he said.  "And as for what I said earlier, I'll make you a deal, okay."

    I crossed my arms and grumbled, "Ok then. I'm calm. Now tell me."

    "Well, we were talking about you," he admitted. "I was asking her where she thought you might like to go for a um- a date."

    "A date? I don't know really. I've never been," I admitted to him.

    He smiled a little, "That's exactly what Meghan told me you might say."

    I was really happy that he had offered, but I knew we couldn't go anywhere together since someone might see us together and I knew that would just cause him problems. So I didn't get myself excited about it.