Chapter 37

Aaaand here is chapter 37. I hope you guys enjoy and let me know which version of this chapter you liked best. Arielle's POV or Vincent's.

Vincent's POV

I couldn't believe it! We were having a baby girl! I was very excited about that, but lately I wasn't so concerned about it being a girl or a boy. I just wanted him or her to be healthy and happy. Nothing could describe or compare to how happy I was at that moment.

"Vincent," Brad said to me in a low voice, "I want you to ride with me. You and I have some things we need to discuss in private."

"Yes sir," I responded respectfully and nodded.

I knew what he wanted to talk about. Between the two of us, it was no secret and it was something that had been a long time coming. I had briefly mentioned the night before that I wanted to marry Arielle. "One day, I plan on marrying her," I had said casually and then Brad got very serious suddenly. I couldn't tell how he felt about what I said. He looked both proud and unhappy at the same time. I knew that I hadn't always been his favorite person. Particularly when he first learned that Arielle was pregnant and that I had obviously been the one that caused it. Just the fact that Arielle and I had been together like that was enough to upset any father. But he forgave me for that and we both had a mutual respect for each other. Still. There were times when we didn't agree or get along as well.

"Arielle is my baby girl," Brad said when we were finally in the privacy of his truck, he sounded almost heart broken. "I am glad that you have been there for her when she was in danger. Both physically and mentally. But I don't like the idea of another man taking my place as her protector or..."

"I'm don't want to take your place, Brad," I interrupted him. "You're her father and you always will be. Nothing will ever change that. She loves you very much and she always will." I paused and breathed. "Being mine does not make her any less yours. She will still be your daughter. But... you can't always be there for her. You have obligations to your family with Cora. But I can be there for her. And I will be there for her. Always."

Brad looked at me with a proud smile. He didn't have to say a word. I knew, just by the look on his face, that I had just earned his respect even more along with his permission to marry his daughter.

We drove a bit longer before he turned to me and said, "You've turned out to be a fine young man. I couldn't pick anyone better myself to marry Arielle than you."

"Thank you, Sir," I said as I looked at my surroundings, a bit confused. "But...where are we?"

I looked at the place in front of me, "Lorelei's Treasures". Looking closer, I realized it was an antique jewelry store.

"This is where Arielle found the locket that she got for her mother, a very long time ago," he said as we got out of the vehicle. "I was thinking, this would be the perfect place to buy an engagement ring."

I looked in shock at Brad. Was he really serious about getting her a ring right now?

"But, I cant afford..."

"Don't worry," he said as we walked in, "I'll help you. Besides, Lorelei is a friend of mine. We can work something out, Vincent."

I walked around the store, gazing into the glass cases to look at the rings. There were so many. But they were all so unique and different. When Lorelei introduced herself to me, she said that each ring had a story behind.

"I'm Lorelei," She said sweetly, "If you need help finding anything, please let me know."

Lorelei was an older woman in her 50's. Her golden- brown hair was wavy and went about midway down her back with a small black bow.