Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I had hid in my room for the rest of the weekend and ignored all the calls from Grant. I had told Aden I wasn't feeling good and was just going to stay in my room. He had left me alone and I was grateful he didn't pry some more. I might have told him everything, and I just couldn't bear having him hate me.

I was even tempted to call into work Monday morning; I wasn't ready to face Grant. But I didn't, I went to work every day and did everything I could to stay away from him. I always made myself too busy for him to get a chance to talk to me. I always left before he had a chance to see me go. Every mocha Frappuccino and white chocolate macadamia cookies went straight to the trash, I didn't want his sympathy. I knew I was pathetic and the kiss was a mistake. We didn't needed nor did I want talk about it, I knew perfectly well it wasn't ever going to happen.

Now it was Friday and I had the whole weekend to avoid him, because I was going to see my mom and sisters. I knew if I stayed here, I was bound to run into him while he was hanging out with Aden. Not only would he try to talk to me, but I just couldn't bear seeing Grant with Aden when I felt like he should be with me. God when did I become such a girl? The bell rang and I watched as the students entered my classroom. Just as the bell rang again, Wade walks in with the Frappuccino and bag of cookies. God he just couldn't take the hint I didn't want to talk to him, there was nothing to talk about. We both knew the kiss meant nothing, why didn't he just let it go?

"Do you want me to place them on your desk or just threw them in the trash for you." I frowned at him and just pointer towards the desk. "Just thought I would save you the trouble of throwing them, it really is a waste." He added as he placed them on my desk.

"Well then maybe Mr. Novak should stop wasting money on them, when he knows I'm going to throw it away. Now take your seat Wade, so that I may start class." I looked at the rest of the class; they were all busy talking amongst themselves.

Wade was still standing by my desk, "Is there something sales you wanted to add?"

"I think you should give him a chance, he seems to like you a lot. Don't know many guys would go out every morning and buy something like this for a guy, especially when it's their favorite. Plus it doesn't hurt he is very good looking." God I swear teenagers these days.

"Wade please takes your seat." I picked them up and threw them in the trash; I didn't even bother to read the note that was in the bag. After the first two times, I pretty much had it mesmerized. 'I'm sorry, can we talk?' Wade gave me a sad smile as he walked to his desk. I must be really pathetic if I was getting sympathy from a student.

I started my lecture for the day; it helped get Grant out of my head. However that doesn't last long, as soon as the bell rings again, I have five minutes where I do nothing but think of him. To think about what Wade said, could he be right about Grant actually liking me?

When the final bell rang, I let out a sigh of relief. I can finally get out of here and away from Grant. I was packing up my desk when I heard a knock on my door. There was only one person who would show up to my room right now. It was the one person I really didn't want to see right now. I didn't turn around and just continued packing up my belongings. I heard the door close and the lock turn into place. I was trapped now; he wasn't going to let me leave without talking to him.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I ignored him and closed my bag; I placed the strap on my shoulder and turned around. Grant was standing in front, of the door but that wasn't going to stop me. I walked past him but he grabbed me and pushed me up against the blackboard. "No I'm tired of you avoiding me; we are going to talk about what happened." His body was pressed against mine; it was too close he had my head feeling light headed. I turned my head to look away from him, looking at him would only cause me to do something stupid again. One of his hands rests on my hip, while the other one held onto my chin and turned me to face him.