Chapter Thirty-Three

       My trip to Rome with Grant was better than I expected it was going to be. He showed me everything and I fell in love with the place. I didn’t even want to come home, but we had too. I had my meeting with the publishers and my mom was calling me nonstop to ask me when I was coming home.

        It was good to be home now, even though I loved being in Rome the past two months, I missed my family and Lola. I couldn’t wait to see everyone and tell them the good news.

      I had yet to tell them we were engaged, the only person that knew was Joan. I was going to tell Aden but he has a big mouth and would have told everyone else before I had a chance. I know they were all going to be happy I was going to get married, all they ever wanted was for me to be happy and with Grant I was.

      However I caved in and told Aden but told him not to say anything. If he did I was going to make him pay. I was hoping it was a good enough threat to keep him from telling anyone.

      “You know your mom is going to be mad when she finds out we have been home since yesterday afternoon.” Grant said as he finished dressing. Since he was the one that pushed me to finish my book, it was only right he came with me to my meeting. Also I could really use his support.

     “Well once I tell her about us being engaged, she will forget all about it.” I fixed his tie as he kissed my forehead.

     “Then she will be asking us when we are going to give her grandkids.” I chuckled to how right he was. “I love you Joaquin, I feel like I don’t tell you that enough sometimes.”

       “I know that you love me, I love you too and you shouldn’t feel that way. Everything you do for me shows me how much you love me.” I reached up and kissed him.

       “Good to know, are you ready to go to your meeting?”

       “Yes, kind of curious to what deal they want to give me.”

      “Well don’t worry, Brett will be there and he will make sure you get the deal you deserve. Remember they need you not the other way around,” I knew he was right and it helped me relax.

        “I know, well come on I don’t want to be late for my meeting.”

                                                           <><><><><><><>

       We sat in the Via Luna of the Ritz-Carlton; we were waiting for Diane Webber to join us. Even though I knew Grant was right about them needing me and not the other way around, I was still nervous.

        Diane Webber was one of the biggest and best commissioning editors at Random house. I had faith in Brett that he will get me the deal I deserve, but it just all this was finally hitting me. My dream of becoming a publish author just became a reality.

      “We came too early,” I said. We still had ten minutes until she was supposed to show up. We had already been waiting ten minutes and the longer we waited here the more nervous I got.

     “Well I thought it was going to take longer because of the traffic, besides not even Brett is here yet either. Just relax buttercup, they will show up.” He intertwined his fingers with mine and I started to relax, I know I was just being nervous for no reason.

      “Oh great she isn’t here yet and sorry I got caught in traffic.” Bret said as he took his seat next to me. “So did you two order already?” he picked up the menu.