Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

           I was packing the last of my belongings, I was moving in with Grant. Even though my lease wasn’t up until at the end of the month, Grant wanted me to move in as soon as possible. I still couldn’t believe I was doing this but I was happy. I sold most of my stuff, because I wasn’t going to need anything but my personal belongings.

          I taped the last box; most of my belonging had already been taken to Grant’s place, well our place now. Even though I had been staying at his place for a while now, it was going to be weird calling it our place now.

         “I think one more trip and we will have everything back at our place.” Grant said as he picked up the box I just packed. He leaned in and kisses me before he walked off with the box. I walked around the now empty apartment, this was my first apartment. I shared a lot of memories here with Aden. I was going to miss it, but it was time to move on.

          “What are you thinking about?” Grant asked as he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

          “Just how I’m going to miss this place, it was my first apartment.”

          “You can always stay here if you want but, you have to let me pay the rent.”

          I rolled my eyes, “No that is never going to happen.” he chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. “Hey um,” I looked down on the floor; I had been avoiding asking him this. My mom and sisters were coming down for thanksgiving. They want to meet him, but I was nervous that they might not like him.

           ”What,” I sighed and leaned back on him.

          “My family is coming in today for thanksgiving and they want to meet you.” He smiled against my neck. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” He turned me around to face me, he was still smiling.

          “Buttercup I would love to meet your family.”

          “Are you sure?” he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

          “Yes, so when do you want me to meet them?”

          “My aunt and uncle are having a barbeque tonight, and you can also meet Aden’s family as well.”

          “Sounds great, we should hurry then.” He picked up another box and walked out; I really hope they love him as much as I do.

       When we pulled up to my aunt and uncle’s house, my nerves kicked into overdrive. First time bringing home a boyfriend to meet the family; never have I been so nervous in my entire life. I really wanted them to like Grant and I wanted Grant to like my family.

      “Are you ready to meet my family?” Grant grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

      “As ready as I’ll ever be, come on.” He let go of my hand and got out of the car. I took a deep breath before I got out.

      “Ok let’s go,” he took my hand again as we walked to the front door. I knocked on the door; I was hoping it was either Aden or one of his sisters that answer the door.

       “Relax,” he leaned in closer and kissed me. “They are going to love me,” he chuckled as I pushed him. God he was such a cocky bastard. “Relax buttercup, I have yet to meet a family that didn’t like me. Wait I had one father not like me very much, but then again he wasn’t ok with his son being gay and he had one hell of a left hook.”