Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

   I got home dead tired; it had been a long first week of teaching. The week passed without any problems, not even Grant teased or bothered me. I hated to admit it, but I missed his teasing.  I was still thinking about Grant’s offer for dinner, he said just as friends but I had my doubts. What if this was just some ploy to get me to cave in? Would I be able to fight the already strong attraction I have towards him? God I have never been this confused, I wanted him but at the same time I didn’t because I didn’t want to be a bottom. I’ll be lying if I said I wasn’t terrified about it, after what almost happened to me it scares me to let someone that close to me. I have already had my heart broken once; I don’t think it could handle a second time, especially now if I was going to give everything to him.

     I wanted to believe Grant wanted more than a one night stand, but at the same time he is one cocky son of a bitch. The one thought that keeps crossing my mind is, what if this is just some bet or game to him. For all I know is that someone bet him he couldn’t get me into bed, because then why else would he be trying so hard to get into my pants? I just couldn’t trust him yet, he was going to have to prove to me I can trust him.

         I opened the fridge, what would be good for dinner tonight? I wasn’t in the mood to cook and I wonder if Aden would mind cooking. I closed the fridge and went back to the living room, I was just going to wait for Aden to get off of work and we can decide what to do for dinner. I just hope he didn’t feel like going out, I just wanted to stay home tonight. I had gotten over him sleeping with Grant, it was only that one time and it’s not like he was going to date him.

       The front door opened as I turned on the TV, Aden walked in and dropped down on the couch next to me. “Hey cuz how was work?” Aden asked as he kicked off his shoes and propped his feet on the coffee table. I hated when he did that, “Feet off the table.” He rolled his eyes at me and took them off.

     “Work was fine, how about you?” he groaned which only meant one thing; things weren’t turning out the way he thought it was going to be like. He thought his job was going to be nonstop excitement and now he is finding out it’s nothing like the TV shows. “Let me guess you were stuck in the lad again going over boring DNA samples?” I said as I tried to suppress a chuckle, he stuck out his tongue and sighed.

     “Ugh yes, I swear these damn cop shows make it seem so exciting, but of course they never show the days where nothing is going on. It’s so boring I want to cry sometimes.” He pouted and rested his head on my shoulder, I started to laugh.  “Oh shut up, it’s not funny. Well at least I have a date tonight, god I could really use a night out.” I stopped laughing, ugh now I’m going to be on my own for dinner. I wonder if Grant would want to join me, it would be better than staying in alone. It was also I way to get to know him better and to see if he was worth trusting.

     “Now you bring up this date, here I thought we could be able to stay in, order some take-out and watch some movies. But if you have a date I guess I could just stay here alone then.” I pouted at him as I gave him my sad puppy dog eyes. He rolled his eyes and sat back into the couch. Yup it was a long shot he would cancel his date, but it was worth a try.

     “First of all I didn’t know I had to tell you when I have a date and second of all this was a last minute date. Sorry I would cancel but I just really need to get out, I been trapped in a lab room looking at samples of hair, blood and everything else they could gather. I just want to go out and be surrounded by people.” I chuckled as I shook my head; I knew he wasn’t going to cancel but it was worth a try.

     “So where are you and your date going to do?” I asked as I flipped through the channels, god why was there nothing ever good coming out.