Epilogue

*A/N I know I should end this with Joaquin's POV, but I just felt like this would end better with Grant's POV and I hope y'all agree with me. So enjoy!

Epilogue (Grant’s POV)

Six years later

        No matter how many times I wake up to this sight, I never fail to smile. Seeing my beautiful husband sleeping with our two kids next to him, and I knew life was good. I didn’t even mind that Lola was in the bed with us.

      As always taking her spot at the foot of the bed, “Hey old girl, do you need to go outside?” she barked and jumped off the bed that would be a yes. I got up and followed her to let her out.

      Today we celebrity our five year anniversary, a total of seven years together and I still love him like I did the first day we met. I went back to our room and sat on the bed at I watched my family sleep.

      I wish we could just stay in bed, but unfortunately we couldn’t. Joaquin had a book signing today for his latest novel. He had quit teaching when his writing career took off. He missed it but he knew he couldn’t do both.

       Now he was a full time writer and he loved it, the only bad part was when he had to leave us to promote his new book. But if I wasn’t teaching and the kids were out of school, we will go with him. It made him happy when we could join him and the kids loved it too.

      I looked back at my little family, Jasmine our oldest sat up rubbing her eyes. She was two when we adopted her, now she was seven. “Good morning Jazzy,” I told her as she crawled on to my lap. Her hair was a knotted mess and she still was half asleep. Her pink hello kitty PJ a wrinkled mess, she was always a messy sleeper.

      “Morning papa,” she yawned and rested her head on my chest. I squeezed her tight as I kissed the top of her head. It was going to be hell to get the knots out of her hair; it was a good thing Joaquin knew how to do girls hair. Or Jasmine was going to be doomed to having her hair short. “We need to wake up daddy and Riley, so we can have breakfast.”

      “I don’t know, are you sure you want to wake up daddy and Riley?” she nodded her head and crawled over to where Joaquin and Riley slept. She placed her small hands on his face and kissed him on the cheek.

     “Daddy wake up.” Joaquin groaned but didn’t wake up. She huffed and turned to face me, “Daddy won’t wake up.” She sat there pouting, a habit she picked up from her daddy.

      “Aw come here Jazzy,” she crawled back onto my lap. I pushed back her hair from her face, “How about we make breakfast together and then if daddy hasn’t woken yet, we will bring breakfast to daddy.”

      “Ok,” she wrapped her arms around my neck and legs around my waist as I got up. We walked to the kitchen and I sat her down on the stool at the counter.

      “Ok Jazzy, what do you want for breakfast?”

      “Pancakes papa!” she yelled, I chuckled as I got everything out for pancakes.

       “Ok now what kind of pancakes you want?” I asked as I started to make the batter.

      “Papa make the kitty pancakes!” she yelled, I chuckled as I pulled out fresh blueberries and strawberries. She always wanted me to make those for her; she had an unhealthy obsession with cats. I knew it was only a matter of time I finally cave in and get her the kitten she has been asking for.