Chapter Twenty-Two

*A/N Well here is the new chapter, hope you guys enjoy it. oh check out the song, it was what inspired me to write this story! So enjoy and tell me what y'all think.

Chapter Twenty-Two

This was going to be a great Christmas; I was going to spend it with all the people I loved. We were all having Christmas dinner at Joan’s place and then head over to midnight mass. I know my mom and aunt were grateful that Joan was having us all over. It saved them from a lot of cooking and baking.

“You should wear red more often,” Grant stood behind me, placed his hands on my shoulder and kissed me on the cheek. “It matches your fiery side.” He chuckled as he pulled me closer to him.

“Shut up, are you ready to go?” I fixed my collar one more time and turned around to face Grant. He was wearing a Christmas sweater; it was green with a snowman on it. I cover my mouth to suppress my laughter.

“Oh buttercup I wouldn’t be laughing,” he walked over to the bed and picked up a box, he smiled and handed it to me. I looked at the box and looked back at him, “Open it, it’s a gift from Joan.” I opened the box and frowned.

“Oh don’t you just love it!” Grant laughed as I pulled out a sweater just like his but red.

“I’m not wearing this!” I threw the sweater at him, he caught it.

“Oh but you have to or you’re going to hurt Joan’s feelings?” I scrunched up my nose; jackass knew I would wear it if he says it would hurt Joan’s feelings.

“I hate you,” he laughed as I put the sweater on over my dress shirt.

“Buttercup you know you love me,” he kissed me and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go, we don’t want to be late.

We walked into Joan’s home; she had it decorated in red and gold now I can see why Grant was so set on having those as his colors. We walked into the living room and she had a large blue spruce tree covered in large red and gold ornaments. As we walked closer I saw gold tinsel on the tree and shook my head.

“Let me guess, Joan only puts tinsel on her tree because you like it on it?” Grant chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and looked at the tree with me.

“Yeah when I moved in with them it was around Christmas and she let me decorate the tree how I wanted it.”

“And every year since then we decorate the tree the same way.” She pinched Grants cheek and hugged me. “Joaquin always good to see you, oh I see Grant gave you a sweater to wear.” I looked at her sweater; hers had a Santa Claus on it.

“Yeah thanks for the sweater.” She laughed.

“Oh I see now how he got you to wear it. I didn’t give it to you, Grant here likes for all of us to wear these hideous sweaters.” I turned to glare at him, jackass lied to me.

“You jerk; you made me feel guilty for not wanting to wear it.” He chuckled.

“Would you have worn it if I just asked you?”

“No, who would want to wear these, they are hideous as Joan put it.”

“See you just proved my point in why I lied. Come on it Christmas eve, get in the spirit.” I rolled my eyes as the doorbell rang.

“Oh the rest of the guests are here.” Joan said before she went to answer the door. We followed behind her, she greeted everyone as they walked in. “Welcome everyone, just follow Grant and Joaquin to the living room.”