Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

       “Joaquin, I need to talk to you.” Aden said as I walked into the apartment, I had just come back from a date with Grant. I sat down next to him on the couch.

        “Yeah sure what’s up?” I grabbed the remote from him and surfed through the channel.

       “I don’t know how to tell you this, but I’m moving out.” my worse fear just came true, I knew that the time would come for Aden to move out because things with Jaxon were getting serious. I just didn’t think it would be this soon. “I’m sorry I know it all of a sudden but you know Jaxon and I have been going out for a while.” It was only four months, I thought I would at least have four more months just until our lease was up and I could find a smaller place I could afford on my own.

        “I really hate to do this to you because I know you won’t be able to afford the rent on your own and I know we still have four more months on the lease.” I put my hand up to shut him up.

       “Do you love him?” Aden nodded his head. “Then you do what you have to do, I’ll make do until the lease is up and I can find a smaller place.”

        “Are you sure? I really don’t want to leave you like this, I can still pay my share of the rent until our lease is up.” As much as I wanted to take him up on his offer, I just couldn’t. He didn’t need to waste money on an apartment he was never going to use.

      “No that’s fine; you’re going to need the money. Really I’ll be fine; it’s only for four more months. I have done it before, so I can manage again. ” he knew I was lying but he also knew I wasn’t going to admit I needed his help, thanks to how my mom raised us, we weren’t too keen on accepting help when it comes to money. He might be family but I still didn’t want to take his money, it still made it seem like I was a charity case.

         “Well I’ll still be here until the end of the month, so really it’s just three months.”

         “That’s true, so you and Jaxon didn’t go out tonight?” it was weird he was even home right now, they were always out together.

         “We did but I came home early because I wanted to talk to you about me moving out.” I nodded my head. “So did you ask Grant?”  He had been pestering me to ask Grant to go on a double date with him and Jaxon, but I really just like to be alone with Grant.

          “Yes I did and he said sure we can do it tomorrow if you want.” I really wanted to punch him for agreeing to go on a double date.

         “Yay!” I hated when he did that, he always reminded me of a retarded seal.

         “So what do you have in mind for this double date?” I hoped it was something we won’t have actually to do together. “Miniature golf then a movie and dinner.”

          “Well I’ll just call Grant and tell him what the plans are.” I got up, “Good night Aden.”

           “Night Joaquin,” this was going to be the first I actually hang out with Jaxon. I really didn’t know much about him, but if Aden loved him I guess he couldn’t be all the bad. Well I’ll find out tomorrow.

           “Hmm miniature golf, now why didn’t I ever think about bringing here for a date?” Grant asked as we paid, or more like Grant paid. He handed me my putter and ball.

            “I don’t know, it sure would have given you an excuse to get closer to me since I have never played before.” He chuckled as he grabbed my hand, it was still weird for me to let Grant do things like this but I did enjoy them.