Chapter Twenty-Eight

*A/N ok so I know y'all were expecting this chapter to be the one where he confronts his dad, but I need more time to write that and I thought I would give y'all a little more of Frankie, so enjoy and like always tell me what y'all think.

Chapter Twenty-Eight

“So you’re meeting Frankie after your session?” Grant asked as I finished getting ready. He again couldn’t come with me; he had to help my mom with the new software he setup for her computer at work.

“Yeah and we will swing by the restaurant for dinner.” I fixed my hair before I turned around to face him. “Are you sure you can’t come with me to my session?” I grabbed the end of his tie and pulled him closer to kiss me.

This was going to be the second session he doesn’t come with me. I know he wasn’t doing on purpose, but having him there made it easier to talk. The words just came out and it was nice to have someone there that already knew about it.

“Yes I'm sure; I do want to be able to see you before you go to bed. This new software my aunt wants is going to take forever to explain, but I will take a small break to say hello to you and Frankie.”

“You sure you can’t just stay long enough to have dinner with us? Even just to have a drink with us, I would like you to get to know Frankie. This is the last day he will be here, before he heads back to New York.”

“I’ll see how far we have gotten and then I’ll let you know if I can stay to have dinner or drink.” He kissed me on the forehead.

           <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><>

I sat in Dr. Howard’s office while I waited for her to come in; it’s almost been two months since I started coming here to see her. It was hard to believe with all the progress I have made since then. With each session I felt better and lighter without all the hate, anger and fear I carried around for the last ten years.

“Hello Joaquin, how are we today?” Dr. Howard asked as she sat down in her usual chair next to the sofa.

“I’m doing well; my meeting with my literally agent was great. Just waiting until we can find a publisher for my book, I think that’s the hard part right now.”

“Waiting is always the hardest part to anything. So how are things with Grant?”

“It’s just been great; having him in my life has really helped me overcome things I couldn’t on my own. Because of him I was about to see Frankie again and get the closure I needed with him.”

“So things with Frankie are good?”

“Yeah it’s like I have my best friend back, but I know that he feel like we missed our chance to be together. Sometimes I wonder if he still feels something for me even though I told him I’m with Grant, that I’m happy with Grant.” She wrote something on her notepad, before she looked back at me.

“Have you talked to him about that?”

“No,”

“Why not, is it because maybe deep down you do still feel something for him?”

“He was my first love; I will always feel something for him. He will always have a part in my heart; it’s just if I tell him that I feel like I'm rubbing my happiness in his face. As it is he is having a hard time trying to get over the fact I’m with someone and the only reason we never got to be together is because of my father.”