Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

      I was excited but nervous at the same time to hang out with Grant. God I was starting to sound like a stupid school girl, who has a crush on the sexy history teacher. The very sexy history teacher who is off limits but doesn’t help it but only intensify the feeling of wanting him. God I was just a horrible person, I wanted to steal the guy my own cousin was dating, but yet I wasn’t ready to give it up to him.

      Yeah Joaquin that’s it, take him away from Aden just so he won’t be getting any. Why would he give up regular sex to be with you? You’re too scared to even let someone in, all because you can’t face your fears. That is all I can think about, that is what holds me back from letting myself fall in love. When I told Preston that I loved him, I was hoping he would feel the same way. That I finally found that person I can finally share about what happened to me and not worry they think or see me differently. However I was wrong, he didn’t feel the same way about me.

      That’s when I knew there was never going to be anyone I can trust like that. I wanted Grant to be that person, but I just don’t get the feeling he will understand. I just get the feeling this is all some game to him and I just didn’t need that.

       “So what do you want to do?” Grant asked as he picked me up, honestly I would have been fine staying at home and watching movies. “We could go watch a movie or just hang out, it doesn’t matter to me.” I hoped he would agree a movie we let me get my head clear and not jump into something stupid. Like kiss him and ruin what he has with Aden, I don’t need Aden to hate me. He was the closest thing I had as a brother and he knew everything I have been through, he was always there for me and stabbing him in the back like that was going to break his heart.

     “Yeah we can watch a movie, but can we go to the mall before the movie?”

     “We can go to the mall; I need to go get some new shoes and pants anyway.” He smirked at me, “are you going to model these pants for me?” I rolled my eyes at him.

      “Friends don’t flirt like that, now cut it out or I won’t go with you.” He held his hands up, “Sorry it was just some little harmless teasing that’s all.” He chuckled as he started the car, god I hope I wasn’t making a big mistake by hanging out with him alone.

       We walked into the mall, there was only one place I went for shopping for clothes and that was Macy’s.  I went to the shoes sections; I didn’t even know where Grant had gone. Hopefully I could get everything I needed before he came back. I looked at all the casual shoes and settled on a pair of black loafers. I wasn’t very big on named brand things; as long as they were comfortable I liked them.

       Grant still wasn’t around; great I can shop for jeans without him watching me. I went over to the regular jeans; it was time to change from the skinny jeans. I browsed the rack until I heard Grant. “Aw you’re not shopping for skinny jeans?” I turned around and glared at him. “Aw don’t look at me like that here I got you your favorite and a cookie.” I frowned when I say the mocha Frappuccino and white chocolate macadamia cookie. Damn him for trying to get on my good side. God I was a girl, fuck give me a cookie and Frappuccino and am happy. They have alway been my go to comfort food, the thing that always cheer me up when I was feeling down..

      “ thanks you didn’t have to get me this.” He smiled at me, “I know but I wanted too. So yeah why the check in jeans, I have to tell you I like you better in skinny jeans.” I rolled my eyes and took the frappuccino and cookie from him.

        “ Some perverted old man keeps checking me out, so it’s time for a change.” I bit into the cookie and washed it down with the frapaucino. I smiled at him as he pouted, god I just wanted to kiss him right now.