Chapter 18: oh my gosh

Y/N's POV:

The remainder of spring break essentially came and went. Right after the disaster of a bonfire, Ariana had stopped speaking to me as did Violet. Class and school in general has been nothing short of awkward to say the least.

I've been hanging with Jordyn almost daily for about a week now since my only two other friends and I aren't on the best of terms for the time being.

"I know you're still relatively new here and whatnot but I wanted to offer you the position of co-captain if you're up for it"

I stopped in the middle of the girls lockeroom, biting back a smile as I looked to Jordyn.

"Are you being serious?"

She silently nodded, reaching into her locker to hand me a letterman jacket with my last name plastered on the back and a captain patch on the sleeve.

"You're actually insane, thank you" I said in awe as I held up the Varsity Jacket.

The other girls of the basketball team surrounded us and gave me a round of applause, congratulating me.

Coach had called me into his office as soon as the celebration came to an end. I stepped into his office and he ordered me to shut the door behind myself.

"Yes?" I asked nervously.

"Congratulations," He said with a smile, shaking my hand before continuing, "With the new title, I'm expecting a lot more from you and the role that you play within the team whether that be on or off of the court"

I nodded silently, listening intently as he continued his speech.

He went on for a few more minutes, telling me how proud he is of how far I've come since joining the team and what the role means.

"Thank you coach, I appreciate it"

We ended the conversation with a quick hug and I left his office, shutting the door on my way out. Unknowingly, I had bumped into someone.

I turned around immediately to apologize but nothing came out when I realized who it was.

"Hey"

Without a word, she gave me a tight-lipped smile and went to continue with her day until I stopped her again.

"Can we talk?"
"About?"

I sighed, looking away then back to her while she remained completely uninterested in anything I had to say.

"The kiss"
"Look, I've pushed that entire situation out of my head. I don't want to remember it, I don't want to talk about it"

We both just stared at each other. My heart silently breaking at the thought of her not wanting to think about what had clouded my mind since the moment it happened.

"It wasn't a mistake, I need you to know that"

It's as if my words were somehow making everything so much worse when I thought they'd fix things.

"So you intentionally did it?"

Yes, I intentionally kissed you.

"I thought you wanted me to"

"Are you dense? Why would I want you to do that?"

I looked around confused which only seemed to further frustrate the brunette.

This is the first we've interacted in weeks aside from the glances we'd make at the other during passing periods or during class, and she's acting like a complete raging—