Chapter 24: Hey boys

Y/N's POV:

"Tara I'll be back in a second." I handed her my Gatorade and sunflower seeds before walking off, chasing after Ariana. 

"Can you wait a second? I wanna talk to you, I didn't get to expl--" 

She quickly turned around, tears in her eyes and a few trailing down her cheeks, "Explain what Y/N? There's nothing for us to talk about, I don't want to talk to you." 

I stood there, unsure of what to do, I left her alone and simply watched her walk away. 

It wasn't long before Tara came up to, asking if things were okay and I shook my head. 

"Let's go watch the game." 

I glanced once more towards Ariana's direction but she wasn't there. 

We walked the field, taking our seats again for the 6th inning. 

The game went by relatively slow with nothing interesting aside from Harry hitting a homerun to take the lead. Eventually the game ended and the team wanted to go out to eat after. 

"Are you guys coming with?" Harry asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as Tara and I walked to my car. 

"One, you smell," I pushed his arm off of me, earning a laugh before continuing, "Two, I feel a bit weird going out with the baseball team when I don't play, it's one thing to watch but to go eat with you guys in your uniforms is weird to me." 

"Of course we'll go, right babe?" Tara told him, looking to me with hopeful eyes. 

He clapped his hands, smiling, "That's what I like to hear." 

"I'll send you the address right now, I'm gonna shower and meet you there. Some of the guys are heading over there so you won't be alone." Harry yelled down the hall, rushing to the locker room. 

Tara grabbed my hand, "No need for directions, it's the burger place a few streets away."

"Oh, okay."

It was a quick drive to the burger spot, 'King's Burgers'

I opened the glass door, holding it for Tara to walk in. 

She pointed out the group of baseball boys and we walked over. I sat down quietly, waiting for our server to come while Tara introduced herself and talked with the boys. Gabriella, the cheerleader walked in, noticing me almost immediately and I felt myself shrivel up and hide behind my hands. 

"Hey Y/N." She dragged, giving me a wide grin and sitting beside me. 

I looked to Tara for help, but she was too busy with her conversation to notice. 

"Hey boys." Harry yelled, his accent thick. 

He nodded toward me, "Let me take a seat Gabs, I need to talk to Y/N." 

I smiled, watching Gabriella roll her eyes, hesitantly standing up so Harry could take her seat. 

"Congratulations on your first win by the way." I told Harry, the both of us smiling wide. 

"Thank you," He elbowed me playfully, "Can we get some menu's please?" He yelled. 

They ordered burgers and what not, but I wasn't really hungry, I didn't have an appetite in all honesty but Harry insisted that I at least have something, so he ordered a Strawberry Milkshake for me. 

"So, Y/N, I heard Violet isn't here so you're single I assume?" Gabriella asked, looking behind Harry's head to make subtle eye contact with me. 

I didn't get a chance to answer before Tara started to argue with her over me, serving as entertainment for the boys and embarrassment for me. I looked to Harry who had given me a sympathetic look. 

"I'm gonna go." I told him, not wanting to deal with this any longer.

"Can you give her a ride home?" 

He nodded, giving me a fist bump. 

"Before you do, I'm hosting a party, last day of school before summer break. Be there, bring whoever you want." 

We exchanged smiles before I hopped over the booth and left to my car. 

I drove home in silence, wanting to be alone with my thoughts. 

"Hey mom." I greeted, kicking off my shoes and setting my keys on the kitchen counter. 

"Hey, how was school and the game?"

"It was alright, I'm gonna head upstairs, I'm not really hungry either." I told her and she gave me a tight-lipped smile while she wiped the counters and put away leftovers. 

I rushed upstairs, taking a quick shower before jumping on my bed in a hurry to FaceTime Violet on my Macbook. 

The Brunette smiled as soon as she seen my face, waving, "Hey."

"How was class?"

"Terrible, I have so much to tell you." 

Ariana's POV:

I turned the corner as fast as I could, wanting to break down and cry but I waited until I made it to the bathroom. I shut the restroom door and immediately started to sob. 

Although I hadn't told them where I'd be, it didn't take but a few minutes for Victoria and Courtney to find me. They rushed in, Victoria asking, "Ariana are you in here?" 

"We've searched every bathroom on campus, she has to be in here." Courtney said, hearing my gasp for air as confirmation. 

"Ariana." They called out. 

I left the corner, walking out with tear-stained cheeks as more continued to fall. Their faces fell, opening their arms which I walked into, only furthering my breakdown at their comfort. 

"I'm gonna kill her." Courtney whispered to Victoria, I lifted my head up and shook my head. 

I mumbled, "Guys, no, leave her alone." 

Them hurting her would only hurt me more and I couldn't deal with any more hurt right now. 

Eventually, we made our way out to my car, the girls threatening everyone who glanced my way. 

"Are you sure you can drive?" Courtney asked and I nodded, "I'm gonna stay here for a bit longer though, I don't wanna go home yet."

They both nodded, kissing the top of my head before shutting my door and heading to Courtney's car. 

I turned my car on, playing 'When You're Ready' by Shawn Mendes and singing through tears. 

I worked up the courage to drive, heading home when 'Favorite Crime' by Olivia Rodrigo came on unwillingly and I had to fight the urge of running through a red light and off a cliff. Surprisingly, I made my way home safely, unbuckling my seatbelt when 'Traitor' played. 

I figured it was best if I turned my car off and go inside before I ran through an intersection while the song played. 

I didn't bother to say anything when I came inside, I headed straight to my room to shower in hopes the steam and the water would take down the swelling from my eyes that would come tomorrow. 

My mom called me down for dinner but I wasn't in the mood to eat, I felt sick to be honest. 

I just wanted to be alone, so I was. 

I locked myself in my room, pulling out my notebook to write down lyrics. 

I hadn't been inspired to write any in a while but now I finally had some material, a heart break. 

"We can't be friends, but I'd like to just pretend." I sang out loud, trying to come up with different melodies.

It was then that I felt someone staring at me, I looked to the left, seeing Y/N leaned out of her window, yelling for me. I got up, walking toward my window. 

"Hey, Ariana." She said with a smile when I approached her, it quickly dropping when I slammed my window shut. I closed the blinds as well before going to my bed. 

"You cling to your papers and pens, wait until you like me again." 

Original chapter was too long so I broke it up into two:)