Chapter 9: Then do it

Hi guys, sorry for the major update delay :)

Ariana's POV:

Y/N lightly pushed me away from her after I made a joke about her playing basketball.

"What? It's true" I said through a fit of laughter.
"You know what? You can tutor yourself"

I gasped which resulted in a laugh from her.

"You're such a dickhead"
"Yeah and what about it?"

I looked up at her to see her smiling down at me.

"Annoying, you're absolutely annoying" I said to her as we turned the corner on our way to the locker rooms.
"Short, you're so short"

Her laugh only became louder when she saw how annoyed I was getting.

After a brief moment of silence passed, she had opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut it when Dalton showed up and began to walk beside me.

"Hey Ariana"
"Hi Dalton"

He stared at me with a smile and then looked at Y/N, nodding his head toward her. I turned to my left to see Y/N subtly shaking her head.

I softly elbowed her which she shrugged off and stared ahead.

"You cheerin' at the game tonight?" He asked, chewing his purple gum loudly.
"I mean I am a cheerleader but I'm cheering at Y/N's game, not for the boys game"

He nodded at my answer then spoke again, "You should stay for the boys game, I'm the starting Point Guard"
"Me and Y/N had plans after the game actually, right Y/N?" I asked her with a subtle elbow to the ribs.

"Y-Yeah, of course"

"The game is tomorrow by the way, not today" I corrected him, only to receive yet another nod from the boy.

After he said his goodbyes, Y/N and I continued to walk to the locker-rooms.

"What time is your practice over?"

She shrugged as she opened the Gray doors.

"Oh- I was just asking so we can start the tutoring thing"

Before she could reply to me, one of her teammates called her along with her coach so she had to go.

"We can talk about it tomorrow"

I nodded and gave her a fist bump, turning around to walk away only to bump into Violet.

"Ariana"
"Violet"

We both glared at each other as we walked in opposite directions.

Y/N's POV:

After practice, Jax had given me a ride home. He was done with his workout at the same time I finished basketball and I didn't want to walk nor did I want to ride the bus home.

I'm still waiting for my car to be shipped to California, the company said within the next month it should be here.

"You wanna play madden or something?" Jax asked as we walked inside.
"You wanna lose?"

He laughed and shook his head, shutting the door behind me then setting up the PS4 in the living room.

As soon as I picked my team, I waited in silence for him to realize, "The Chiefs? Really? That's like using the Warriors in 2k"
"I'm not even a chiefs fan, I just wanna use Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce and run all over your defense"

"It's alright, you're still gonna lose" He said after he landed on the New York Jets.
"Pfffft okay"

Right after the two minute warning in the second quarter Jax dropped the controller onto his lap and picked up his phone to text someone for the 5th time tonight. He's been smiling at his phone nonstop every time he got a notification.

"Who's that?"

He looked at me for a moment then smiled even wider before saying, "Jordyn"

I had opened my mouth to laugh at him but quickly shut it after he asked, "You mind if me and her FaceTime while we play? She wants to call me"

"You're fine, I'm gonna go shower. Good Game, you got absolutely destroyed"
"It wasn't even halftime yet, I could still come back"
"Jax it's 34-3"

He flipped me off as I walked upstairs to my room. After I shut my door, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

'V: hi :)'

I texted her back the same thing then went to my bathroom to turn on the shower.

iMessage:
V: make sure to dress cute for the pep rally tomorrow :)
Me: why do I have to dress cute? 🤦🏽‍♀️
V: because I want you to
Me: fine

I tossed my phone onto my bed and took a quick shower before heading to bed.

-

"Why aren't you wearing your jersey?" Violet asked me as I took my books from my locker.
"I forget to put it on but look at my outfit, do I look cute?"

I took a few steps back from her and did a little spin with a smile. I wore a basic pair of ripped jeans, a cream Nike sweater, as well as a pair of Mid Maison Chateau Rouge Jordan 1s.

(The shoes at the top)

"You look adorable" She said with a smile matching mine. I walked closer and she held me in place with her hands on my waist.

(SheCallsMeMoonlight I'm stealing your career)

"I really wanna kiss you again" She whispered and I just laughed out of nervousness before gaining my confidence back and saying,

"Then do it"

I watched her eyes avert from mine to my lips in a matter of seconds.

"I'll see you at the pep rally Violet" I said to her after licking my lips. I walked away with a smile on my face knowing that she'd be thinking about that interaction all day.

-

About two minutes into 3rd period I was pulled out of class by Ariana to help set up the rest of the assembly with the cheerleaders.

"Hey, I was wondering if we could study for the test this week"

I nodded as we walked through the hallways, "I'm free tomorrow if you wanna do it then?"
"Yeah for sure, the library at 5? After cheer practice"

"Grande, Santos, the school gym immediately" was heard over the schools speakers, scaring the absolute shit out of me and Ariana.

"You look cute today Santos" Ariana said with a smile before racing off ahead of me.