Chapter 21: Saturday

Ariana's POV:

I had the unpleasantry of sitting between Dalton and his best friend, Jared, who smelled like he hadn't taken a shower since the first day of school. My eyes watered throughout the entire assembly.

When they had asked for volunteers, he thought it would be a good idea to raise his hand up as high as possible.

I nearly fainted.

After the assembly ended, I sprinted down the bleacher steps and outside of the gymnasium to catch my breath.

Unfortunately for me I had Y/N and Jordyn in my fourth period now due to their schedule changes. I wanted to take a look at who I would be paired with for the upcoming fundraiser but figured I'd wait until Y/N who was already there, left.

I'm typically good with names and faces but the one she was talking to, I wasn't familiar with. Clearly he played baseball which wouldn't help me recognize him. The baseball players here aren't the most sane people to talk to, so everyone tends to avoid them at all costs.

"I'm Harry" He told Y/N just loud enough for me to hear a few feet away.

They continued their conversation for a few more minutes before he tried to make a move and invite Y/N to his baseball practice. It was only then we made eye contact from a distance which is safe to assume that's why she agreed.

It had to be, there's no way she actually likes him.

She made sure to agree to go out with him loudly, loud enough so I'd hear and obviously react.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her answer, only realizing when Victoria smacked my arm.

"Is there a reason why you're rolling your eyes?" She asked and I nodded, "Yeah," I adjusted my cheer bag before counting, "Y/N is—god, she's insufferable"

We began walking toward the classroom.

"She's so—ugh" I groaned. "She's gonna go watch Harry play baseball after school" Victoria cut me off quickly. "Okay, how does that concern you?" She asked but I ignored her and continued what I was saying, "Like she's in a whole relationship with someone"

She interrupted me again, asking the same question. "Again, why does that have anything to do with you?" I rolled my eyes and kept talking, "Because she acts like this but when she's alone she wants to kiss—"I paused, realizing nobody knew what had been happening between us.

Victoria stopped in her tracks immediately and looked at me but I kept walking to look at the sheets for the fundraiser.

Y/N is with: Harry, Courtney, Jordyn, and Violet, but I get paired with: Jared, Xavier, Zeke, and Max. Who the fuck are these people?

4th period wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. We watched a movie and took some notes, nothing major. I was more concerned about lunch and convincing Courtney to trade spots.

"What do you mean you're not gonna switch with me?" I asked in disbelief as Courtney and I sat down beside each other at our table.

This bitch.

"Why would I switch with you? I have a good group plus the new guy is there and he isn't that bad to look at" She replied, taking a bite of her apple after finishing her piece.

"So you hate me and want me to kill myself?"

She looked up immediately and threw her hands up, shaking her head in the process.

"I did not say that Ariana"

"Kinda sounded like you did" I said as I took my bag off my shoulders and sat it down on the floor, beginning to pick at my food in front of me.